jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about buying anything related to hair or cosmetics off Amazon or Ebay - there are a lot of fake products on there. I only buy from official, reputable sellers. I buy my 99% Isopropyl Alcohol direct from a chemical company in the UK, and any hair system products from Hair Direct.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buying from a third party on Amazon is a bit different than buying from an Amazon owned company. With 1698 reviews and only about 5 of the reviews doubting its 99%, I’ll take my chances. I’m not saying Amazon itself may unknowingly or knowingly self falsely advertised products, but to question them would be no different than to question Walmart, CVS or Walgreens. I would assume many of us buy our alcohol (precovid) at these large retailers. Also, does Hair Direct test the alcohol they sell? I’m going to say no, so how are they any different? In fact, I looked on Hair Directs website a few months ago and noticed what brand of alcohol they were selling, searched it on Amazon, purchased it and seemed fine to me.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought isopropyl wasn't safe for the skin compared to ethyl though

People use isopropyl as a hand sanitizer, so I would not worry. Alcohol does not stay on the skin very long anyway because it evaporates quite quickly. It's a very effective product to use to remove and clean a hair system, and it's fine for cleaning your scalp too. That said, if you DO notice any allergic reactions then don't use it on your scalp. It's not very likely though.