#940 Xandrox15 Solution 125 mL Is this good?

Nizzle

Reaction score
Is this stuff good? I'm thinning along the hairline and crown, will this stuff help me? How long will a 125Ml bottle last me if i apply it once a day like they say you should? Thanks for all your help!

The Gardener

Reaction score
Wow, going straight for the hard stuff.

If you are just beginning a hair loss regimen, I would suggest not starting off with Xandrox 15. Start with something less potent (and less expensive!) like minoxidil 5%, in my opinion. Keep in mind that whatever you start you will have to continue using for the rest of your life. This being the case, it is preferable to start with something that is more affordable and more easily accessible than Xandrox, especially given that you are only in a thinning stage and are not yet bald. minoxidil is easy to get, you can get it at any drug store and now even most grocery stores so you know you can get a hold of it no matter where you travel in life over time.

minoxidil 5 works for most people. If it doesn't, then switch to something more potent and expensive. In my opinion, Xandrox 15 is more of a substance for true baldies to use, people who have truly dying and ossified follicles who need something truly toxic to get those hairs growing. On paper, it is indeed more potent than minoxidil 5, but the extra 10% that it packs might be overkill and not help you any more than a simple 5% dosage would.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Wow, going straight for the hard stuff.

If you are just beginning a hair loss regimen, I would suggest not starting off with Xandrox 15. Start with something less potent (and less expensive!) like minoxidil 5%, in my opinion. Keep in mind that whatever you start you will have to continue using for the rest of your life. This being the case, it is preferable to start with something that is more affordable and more easily accessible than Xandrox, especially given that you are only in a thinning stage and are not yet bald. minoxidil is easy to get, you can get it at any drug store and now even most grocery stores so you know you can get a hold of it no matter where you travel in life over time.

minoxidil 5 works for most people. If it doesn't, then switch to something more potent and expensive. In my opinion, Xandrox 15 is more of a substance for true baldies to use, people who have truly dying and ossified follicles who need something truly toxic to get those hairs growing. On paper, it is indeed more potent than minoxidil 5, but the extra 10% that it packs might be overkill and not help you any more than a simple 5% dosage would.

He speaks the truth. well said.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Gardener, just curious as to why you use dr lee's mix in the morning, and rogaine brand late evening?

Cassin

Reaction score
There is no need to use the big guns right away. Be patient.

So far minoxidil 5% is doing it's job very well for me. Should it ever begin to fail, I know I have Xandrox 15% left.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Ams99 said:
hey Gardener, just curious as to why you use dr lee's mix in the morning, and rogaine brand late evening?

I like Rogaine better than Dr. Lee's stuff. It has a thicker viscosity and, at least from a visual perspective, it seems to stick better to the hair shafts. However, it is too greasy for me to put on in the mornings, it took forever to dry and if I got any residue in my hair then forget about it. Sooo, I picked up some of Dr. Lee's stuff. Dr. Lee's is a thinner liquid and dries in a half hour, as opposed to the hour or more that Rogaine takes. If you get it in your hair, after a 15-30 minute dry off period you can give it a little brush with the hand to get rid of the grey film.

someday

Reaction score
just like u..

I also wanted to jump right to 15% its not a good idea. its not a bad idea, start low first. then go higher if u do. if u start high, ull never know if the lower % of xandrox would do.

so i am on xandrox, nite/day and it seems to be werking..its only been a month and a half, but i think stuff is happenin....i can sense it :D lol..i hope.

The Gardener

Reaction score
It is also about cost... a month's supply of Xandrox 15, according to my thumbnail calculus, costs about $42 per month or $500 per year.

Minoxidil, if you shop around, can normally be obtained at the rate of a three month dose for $30 bucks (or even lower if you really dig!) This would cost $120 per year.

$500 minus $120 equals $380 dollars you would waste every year if minoxidil 5 works for you but you insist on using Xandrox 15.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Minoxidil increases hairloss after you stop using it, what happens if you say stop using it after 3 months, will this make your hair worse than if you per say(never used it).

G

Jack_the_Lad said:
Can anyone tell me if Minoxidil increases hairloss after you stop using it, what happens if you say stop using it after 3 months, will this make your hair worse than if you per say(never used it).

No.

bombscience

Reaction score
I'm going to be trying this fabled 15% solution if I dont see any results of slowing at month 9.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
wait now 15% cost 92 bucks... and from other people they say it last 6-8 months... plus lets think 125 ml they claim they usually put in more up to 160 ml sometimes(read the Q&A on 15% site). 125 will last you over 4 months applied once a day. lets just say for sake of arugement 5 months per bottle. 2 bottles cost 184 dollars then and 3rd bottle will last you 1 year 3 months at the very least or up to 1 year 2 years for 3 bottles. which is 276 dollars for 3 bottles. i calculated since you are also only using rogaine 5% in the mornings(or nights which ever you prefer) the rogaine 5% last twice as long so 6 month supply of rogaine ($68) last all year. so in teh end adding 15% will only cost you lil over 100 dollars(rough estimate dependant on the bottle of 15%). so i am willing to pay that extra 100 for lots and lots more hair!!! rogaine 5% is losing its effect or i just went thru a year postponed shedding and ill regrow hair not sure.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hoping... believe me, the minoxidil is cheaper. And cheaper by a factor of at least a 12-pack of beer a month.

I was very conservative on my estimate of monthly minoxidil cost. Simple webbing and exploration will get you 3 months of minoxidil at $14 if you play your cards right.

As for Xandrox, I was also conservative. Calculating the cost as if it were applied 1ml in the am and 1ml in the pm, which is what you will probably end up doing. Those who claim 1ml of Xandrox a day are optomistic, and from my knowledge of the habits of hairloss sufferers, in reality, I bet you bottom dollar you will apply AT LEAST 1ml in the am AND pm like the rest of us fools do, if not more.

Remember, the main active ingredient in Xandrox is Minoxidil. Are you willing to pay a premium for an additional percentage of Minoxidil that, according to science, over and above 5% is not shown to add any effectiveness?

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
I emailed Dr lee couple weeks ago on the directions of minoxidil 15%. He said and on his site states you apply 5% in the am then 15% in the pm. using 15% twice a day would be over kill plus yes that would be an insane amount of money. so a 6 month supply of rogaine 5% will last you a year. that is why i said or even they(http://www.minoxdil.com) say that a bottle(15%) will last you 6-8 months. It will be a little more expensive then just using 5% but 5% has faded for me and im willing to pay that extra 25 dollars a month for 15%