9 years later on propecia

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on a hair loss forum for ages. I started to loss my hair around 19 but didn't notice that I was losing my hair until I was 20 years old. I did something about it when I turn 21 when it got really bad. I started to take propecia and got really good results. Then I started to added nizoral 1% and then 2% for a few years and I truly think it did nothing with saving my hair. Over a year ago, my got tight and needed to switch to 5MG generic finasteride which I cut in it 4s. 30 pills last me 120 days and it cost me $10. Lifesaver for me. Well it's about 9 years now and I'm turning 30 in 11 days and would like to show you my hair now.

Here is when I started to take propecia. You may seen these photos before which I wish MERCK would use my photos and I could make money from it.

Do a search for my name and you can see I haven't been on here since 2005.

BEFORE
http://imagraphicdesigner.com/propecia/propecia.html

9 YEARS LATER
WP_000008.jpgWP_000009.jpg

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing, delighted to see it's still working for you.

WhereDaHair

Reaction score
ACT10Npack, just curious, have you dealt with any sides from taking finasteride? I had some pretty good results from Propecia myself, but had to discontinue using it.

Congrats on your results though!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome story! Thank you for sharing, very inspiring. Thanks for coming back.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
He was clearly losing, look at his temples.
it doesn't even look like you have male pattern baldness even in the before pics. maybe it was just a mature hairline forming. who knows if propecia actually held your hair, or it was just you genes that you wouldn't of even experienced further hairloss becuase looking at the pics there does not seem to be no thinning, other than an adult hairline forming but if you were going to experience further hairloss, then it sure did a good job and congrats

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He was clearly losing, look at his temples.

Tomisthinning is very paranoid when it comes to finasteride, he thinks only "a handful" have results as opposed to the almost 90% of people, who in countless studies, showed some form of improvement.

He's the local conspiracy theorist/ major cynic.

Powerlifter

Reaction score
I logged on here around 2000/2001 (cannot recall my original name), and a few years later, I remember seeing this guy's pics, because I remember that mole. Yep, looks like he has held up. I just relogged on because I've been on Rogaine since 2003 and wanted to get back in touch with the brothers! Where is Bryan? Still educating everyone?

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
I logged on here around 2000/2001 (cannot recall my original name), and a few years later, I remember seeing this guy's pics, because I remember that mole. Yep, looks like he has held up. I just relogged on because I've been on Rogaine since 2003 and wanted to get back in touch with the brothers! Where is Bryan? Still educating everyone?

He's around but has been gone the past month or so: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/62795-Yet-another-new-problem!!

From what I can tell he really knows his ****...but has some kind of murky relationship with the makers of Proxiphen.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
irish fella when a person is taking finasteride, in your opinion do you think its better to stay away or just limit sexual activity such as masturbation, sex in general? do you think the hormones released during sexual stimuli can lead to hairloss?

I don't believe in the slightest that sexual stimuli can cause your male pattern baldness to advance more rapidly, no scientific documentation regarding that, why would you ask?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have no side effects when taking the drug. My sex drive stay the same. My only advice is to always take the drug everyday. Sometime I took a week off and saw that I was losing hair. The only reason why I stay taking it was because I would drink heavy at one time of my life.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
it doesn't even look like you have male pattern baldness even in the before pics. maybe it was just a mature hairline forming. who knows if propecia actually held your hair, or it was just you genes that you wouldn't of even experienced further hairloss becuase looking at the pics there does not seem to be no thinning, other than an adult hairline forming but if you were going to experience further hairloss, then it sure did a good job and congrats

What pictures are you looking at??!?!!!! It is CLEAR that his hairline improved over the 16 month progress pics he took. You know full-well that thinning hair only gets WORSE with time, not better. Propecia was responsible for that regrowth and strengthening, NOTHING ELSE! Stop fear-mongering and trying to discredit finasteride.

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score
Dude great job for doing something with ur hair. if u think you are losing hair don't listen to others.. you know better.stay on ur treatment but be sure to watch the side effects. Good Luck

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only my opinion. But for the lucky few who have a slowly progressive form of male pattern baldness, Finasteride could work for decades.

Its not an opinion. It is supported by the 10 year study on finasteride efficacy :p

OP, nice hair, nice Joker shirt.

Joker will be returning in an upcoming Batman issue, I think num 13.

Jrthomas85

Reaction score
I'm really glad to see these results. I'm 26 and have very similar hair loss as your baseline pics. I'm on month 3 of Propecia, and am really hopeful that I'll see some improvement in the temple areas in the upcoming months. I'll be satisfied if my results are half as dramatic as yours. Congratulations!

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just happy that someone has posted they've been on Propecia for 9 years and haven't turned into a woman or had to rescue their penis from the drain when it fell off.

Makes me more positive for the long term affects on me.

Although your hair wasn't bad at the start, it's definitely improved and retained it's thickness.

TravisB

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm always pleased to see long-term users with success too... It's good for all of us novices who've been on the med less than a year.

Still, I don't think that anyone starting finasteride within the last 12 months will have to worry about using finasteride for longer than 5 to 10 years, depending on the speed of developments.

I'm giving max 7-8 years and Finasteride is history