9 year update

davidleeroth

Reaction score
Jan 2001: Diagnosed with male pattern baldness by dermatologist as a NW1. Both granddads NW7. Began 1 mg finasteride a day.
2002: Added Rogaine 5% and T/Gel
2003: Switched from Rogaine 5% to Xandrox 5% day and night
2010: No hairloss progression, maybe even some improvement. Never broke 1mg finasteride/5% minoxidil regimen. Followed religiously, maybe missed 5 applications in 9 years. NW1

Reactions: FBP

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats, any side effects? how old are you now?

davidleeroth

Reaction score
Shma: No sides other than dandruff, but T-Gel took care of that.

Thickandthin: I was concerned about some changes to my hairline and made an appointment with a dermatologist. He examined my scalp and within 3 seconds said "Yep, you're thinning".

See yall next year. Best of luck to everyone here.

guitar66

Reaction score
davidleeroth said:
Shma: No sides other than dandruff, but T-Gel took care of that.

Thickandthin: I was concerned about some changes to my hairline and made an appointment with a dermatologist. He examined my scalp and within 3 seconds said "Yep, you're thinning".

See yall next year. Best of luck to everyone here.

were you just thinning at the hair line? Or were you diffuse thinning?

JWM

Reaction score
You guys make me laugh.

"What the hell is this?"

"Pics?"

The same thing happened when DLR posted his update on another site--he was attacked.

The guy has been posting on these forums for YEARS--do a little research. And his message is loud and clear: he caught his male pattern baldness early, and he was CONSISTENT. That attribute alone is better than any new fancy product that comes along.

How about we just thank him for returning after nine--yes NINE--years to give us an update?

halpmeplease

Reaction score
thank you op!

but from a young scared guy starting rogaine 3 days ago and about to start propecia tomorrow... pics of your start and now would be great if ya can share em!

if i ever get my crown filled back up with hair i'm going to grow it out and be so proud and happy :)

Sunhead

Reaction score
Amen, JWM!

Ditto to what JWM said. I remember seeing DLR on another web site a long, long time ago. While many of us (me, too) flit and float on these hairloss web sites, some who are having success NEVER come to these. They don't need to. They've found a solution to their hairloss and they don't waltz around here looking for answers.

He just shared a success story that is as important as any. Regular usage. Consistency. Usage of proven treatments. I'm happy for him (and a bit jealous, but hey!)

Congrats, DLR!

Hope you're doing well, JWM!

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
You guys make me laugh.

"What the hell is this?"

"Pics?"

The same thing happened when DLR posted his update on another site--he was attacked.

The guy has been posting on these forums for YEARS--do a little research. And his message is loud and clear: he caught his male pattern baldness early, and he was CONSISTENT. That attribute alone is better than any new fancy product that comes along.

How about we just thank him for returning after nine--yes NINE--years to give us an update?
I'm sorry for my frank comment. I was just put off by the registration date, and the low post count, i wasn't sure if i should take 'davidleeroth' seriously since this is the internet and anyone can come along to say what they want. I didn't mean to attack, just that judging from many other success story topics, the users incorporate pictures of their progress and are usually active members.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
JWM said:
You guys make me laugh.

"What the hell is this?"

"Pics?"

I'm sorry for my frank comment. I was just put off by the registration date, and the low post count, i wasn't sure if i should take 'davidleeroth' seriously since this is the internet and anyone can come along to say what they want. I didn't mean to attack, just that judging from many other success story topics, the users incorporate pictures of their progress and are usually active members.

:bravo:

JWM

Reaction score
No worries to all. We're all on the same team :)

Sunhead, great to hear from you, and hope you're well. Miss the good old days!