9 weeks finasteride regime and just call me fuzz head

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I have alot of hair but its all colorless vellus hair and doesn't do a damh thing for my looks but maybe in a couple years that will be different .I'm going to take digital picture of top of head today for all to see . My hair is healthier since starting regime as far as color .I have red hair and as the hairloss got worse the color began to change to a dull brown but now I'm seeing a few hairs that are returning to red which is great .Also as hairloss continued my relatively streight hair began to become frizzy due to scarring of follicle cells .I can exspect to see streighter hair as well .Mother nature can stick it wear the sun doesn't shine!

Pirate Commander F.B.

Established Member
Reaction score
3 weeks on the Finah for me. So far it has gotten rid of the shiny oily forehead and itchy scalp syndrome, which is a relief. I also started Nizoral this week. Now grow, hair, grow!

Deaner

Reaction score
30 Propecia pills later and my hairline is pure vellous hair, almost to my original hairline, with a few of them turning black at the base. I also discovered that these hairs now litter the rest of my scalp (hard to detect in amongst all the rest of the hair), and I too, much like you, hope these one day become full-fledged, cosmetically significant hairs. All I can say is at least that's a good sign, I know it's given me a huge boost in optimism, and if mine are beginning to turn black @ the hairline, I'd say you have a good shot too.

How long has your hair been gone for might I ask? How long did it take for these hairs to appear (did they just appear)?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
1997 was the last year I had any "good hair days" .After that it was all cringes as I looked in the mirror from that time on .I even lost alot of superficial friends because of my bladness . My entire scalp was visable for the last 5 years . My scalp had slick spots on the vertex and the old hairline but was not fuzzy to the touch . Actually my hole scalp is now fuzzy to the touch . I'm quite sure those hairs with minoxidil applied will be combable in two years at best .The vellus hairs have been around since the first month of taking finasteride but were slightly shorter .Now thier about 2mm to 3mm long and some of them near my current hairline (remember Bruce Willis' hair line)have become slightly pigmented but not at all cosmeticly up to par .Hope this helps .