9 MONTHS UP DATE

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
HI friends, been on propecia for 9 months ,it was doing good for 6 months , but now it is getting worse iam lossing more hair when i wash comb or even run my fingers through my hair.but i will continue to take it for another 3 months to reach the one year mark, if still no result i will stop it. its freaking me out. :freaked: any support.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
yea i thought it was worse at month 9 too..... but the pictures proved i was just going crazy because it was exactly the same ... it may just be a bad few hairloss days ... those don't matter

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
hope ur right , iam so stress over this now. is your's stop or reduce at least

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
phantom2x said:
HI friends, been on propecia for 9 months ,it was doing good for 6 months , but now it is getting worse iam lossing more hair when i wash comb or even run my fingers through my hair.but i will continue to take it for another 3 months to reach the one year mark, if still no result i will stop it. its freaking me out. :freaked: any support.

Perhaps it is the cycle involving a slight shedding phase. Not too worry, your hair will be even thicker in the coming months.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree...It may just be a seasonla shed, or a series of bad hair days. compare pics (if you have them) and if you notice no difference, then youve had success. Think where you might be if you werent on the treatment. Maintenance doesnt get the credit it deserves. Also, a year exaclty isnt the be all and end all to see if your regimen works. Best of luck!

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
it realy hurts after doing everything to stop it, but nothing seems to be working. crossing my fingers may be its seasonal shedding. :(

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah it hurts very much. i am in the same boat, i only hope i can have again the hair that i had 5 mounths ago.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm at 8.5 months. just maintaining. had a bad shed. now I'm barely losing any hair at all, but it doesn't seem to be growing back either.

Reaction score
I'm at the beginning of my 10th month of propecia, as for my hair it, it definently hasn't gotten any worse, however, i don't know if any regrowth has occured that is cosmetically noticeable. I am very pleased though i still even have hair to worry about! Hopefully when i reach my year mark in January in the next 3 months, some thickness or regrowth will start kicking in. I can only hope though!

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
iam seeing a slide decreasing in shedding after 2week,hope it is over.90% of time thinking about hair, it is killing me. it seems iam addicted to it. how should i stop this.

jeffsss

Reaction score
is your hair really that bad?

the only way I can stop thinking about it is when I'm lifting weights at the gym, or watching football.

obviously you can't do those things all the time.

I dunno, if you think of something else lemme know, b/c i'd really liek to stop worrying about my hair all the time. It's driving me insane.

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
what ever i do, still this hair loss mania is in my thoughts,even while sex.its killing me.what should i do to forget about it, its freaking me out :freaked:

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
About to reach 10 months myself. My loss is just at the hairline (about a norwood 1 but I see it starting and a Doctor confirmed). It seems like the hairline is a bit worse, the pictures can't really show it BUT I can see it in the mirror in the middle of the forehead now!

Anyway, I am freaking out too. Hope this propecia wasn't a mistake for me, and it made my loss worse??

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
i got a very long way to go

coz between october 04 to august 05, i been using nothin but Procerin, which is a proven scam by! my baldpatch got bigger and my hairline receded so much!
i hope i can recover those 10 months worth of hairloss with dutasteride. thank you very much Procerin........... PoS!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Phantom - I hope you took baseline photos of your hair. This is why they're needed, and when they're needed, to help keep you sane. Trust me that your mind plays serious tricks on you. I relied on my baseline photos for a good 2 years before I finally realized every time I freak out, its just my mind screwing with me.

Unless you can honestly say that you look WORSE than you did at baseline, I would not stop Propecia at 12 months. If you need to, ask 10 friends, and if they all tell you that you look the same as you did a year ago, trust them, and stick with it.

HairLossTalk.com