9 Months On Finasteride / Maybe Maintaining

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
March 21st marked 9 months on Finasteride for me. Based on my baseline pictures to today, I feel like I have maintained... or, slightly thinner at the hairline. Although, that could just be me worrying. Hate the anxiety hairloss brings. Anyway, I have two questions for you guys!

1) Can/should I expect more improvement after 9 months, 1 year, or 18 months? Or, should I just be content with possible maintenance or slowing down of hairloss?

2) I wanted to wait at least one year until I started minoxidil to see Finasteride potential. Should I still wait the whole year?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
March 21st marked 9 months on Finasteride for me. Based on my baseline pictures to today, I feel like I have maintained... or, slightly thinner at the hairline. Although, that could just be me worrying. Hate the anxiety hairloss brings. Anyway, I have two questions for you guys!

1) Can/should I expect more improvement after 9 months, 1 year, or 18 months? Or, should I just be content with possible maintenance or slowing down of hairloss?

2) I wanted to wait at least one year until I started minoxidil to see Finasteride potential. Should I still wait the whole year?
Can see results for up to 24 months. If you want better results I'd switch to dutasteride. Don't listen to the fear mongering

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
is it duta or fina? How long have u been on
I've been taking the drugs since 1998,
I started with finasteride. Then took dutasteride, then took 5 mg proscar daily plus 0.5 mg dutasteride at the same time which gave me unreal regrowth, but financially I couldn't keep it up. So now just taking 0.5 mg dutasteride daily. Only sides I got from taking both was water retention. Which I fixed by taking arimidex E.O.D. I cycle on and off a few weeks a year just so my receptors don't get used to the drug and stop working.