9 Months On Finasteride And 3 Months On Minoxidil

den33142

Reaction score
I started loosing hair when i was 20 (Now 28), Finally on June of last year i decided to do something about it and got a prescription for Finasteride from my dermatologist.

The first 3 months on finasteride were terrible as the hairloss continued very rapidly, Finally sometime in November my hairloss completely stopped, I also started adding Minoxidil and Nizoral on December (3 months ago).

Sometime in February (Last month) i started noticing new regrowth, I am not sure if its regrowth or simply thickening of the hair, Maybe you guys can tell me by looking at the pics below?

June 2017:

june 2017.jpg

December 2017

December 2017.jpg

January 2018

january 2018.jpg

March 2018

March 2018.jpg

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started loosing hair when i was 20 (Now 28), Finally on June of last year i decided to do something about it and got a prescription for Finasteride from my dermatologist.

The first 3 months on finasteride were terrible as the hairloss continued very rapidly, Finally sometime in November my hairloss completely stopped, I also started adding Minoxidil and Nizoral on December (3 months ago).

Sometime in February (Last month) i started noticing new regrowth, I am not sure if its regrowth or simply thickening of the hair, Maybe you guys can tell me by looking at the pics below?

June 2017:

View attachment 82285

December 2017

View attachment 82286

January 2017

View attachment 82287

March 2018

View attachment 82288
Excellent results, and would look like new hair to me, but lets see a more fair comparison with a pic of the hair combed to the side
exposing the temples like the others.

And it appears you have a dandruff issue.

den33142

Reaction score
I usually dont have issues with dandruff but i ran out of the foam minoxidil and am currently using the topical that I had as a backup while I wait for the 3 month supply of the foam minoxidil to arrive.

Also below is a pic with my hair to the side similar to the January pic.

20180315_172146.jpg

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn... I wonder why the temples are so hard to gain back?
I can see defenitly some thickness gain on the center but what about the sides?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually dont have issues with dandruff but i ran out of the foam minoxidil and am currently using the topical that I had as a backup while I wait for the 3 month supply of the foam minoxidil to arrive.

Also below is a pic with my hair to the side similar to the January pic.

View attachment 82324
Lets line these up side by side:
upload_2018-3-18_18-32-32.png
upload_2018-3-18_18-32-46.png

Ya it's pretty decent, but agree with Nostro100 - temples are a tuffy. Nevertheless the middle island section expands and gives coverage

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets line these up side by side:
View attachment 82570 View attachment 82571

Ya it's pretty decent, but agree with Nostro100 - temples are a tuffy. Nevertheless the middle island section expands and gives coverage

We are definitely missing something in the hairloss community. Could the temples have more DHT or something? The pattern itself is intriguing.

Here is an example of a transgender. (was male, went to be female) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367483/#s001title
What I point there is that hair growth patterns are well defined. I don't know if "she" eventually got all her hair in the front NW1. If she did, Why did it take 1 year to grow? Why didnt they grow all at the same time... It's like the hair in the temples looks behind it and wont grow until it sees hair next to it or something.