9 months on big three... improvements everywhere but crown keeps shedding..Normal?

whatwhat

Reaction score
Is this normal?

I have had noticeable thickened hair on the top of my head and around my hairline... but for some reason my crown keeps shedding

When I apply minoxidil to the front and top section of my head, there are really no hairs on my hand... When i apply minoxidil to the crown, my fingers are covered with hair..

I was under the impression the crown was the easiest place to have regrowth, but I've had the opposite results

Anyone experience anything like this?

tykouu

Reaction score
hey there.... I'm also taking the big 3 - minoxidil 5% (since Feb.) finasteride (since Oct.) and nizoral 1% (since Oct.)

My hair loss is only at the crown and I've noticed little to no improvement thus far. This bothers me because everyone says the crown responds the best to treatment - but I've yet to see any significant regrowth. I know I've only been on finasteride/nizoral for a month - but rogaine has been a huge disappointment.

Have you noticed wispy hairs at all? if there's been any regrowth all I've grown are a few wispy hairs

DrDog

Reaction score
Did you go through an original shed period when you started your medication? If so how long was it?

From what I understand, and am going through in my regime, is that the crown is the hardest to regrow hair. My hairline is coming in much better than my crown for some reason. Ill update later.

tykouu

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply. yes I did go through an initial she's with minoxidil after about 3 weeks into it. I think it lasted for about 1-2 weeks. that was about 9 months ago. I haven't had any sheds since then and I've been taking it consistently every night. not sure if I've refrozen anything from the minoxidil so i decided to add finasteride to my regimen. if that doesn't work by next summer, I'll probably quit both and just shave my head