9 months in..how much more density can i expect?

pete24

Reaction score
had 1000 grafts placed by dr. Rogers in the UK back in march. In the front hairline.

Its been 9 months or so since the hair transplant and I am fairly happy, but I guess I was hoping for a little more density than I have. Results dont look as good as what you see on Epstein or Armanis websites.

I know you guys talk alot about the final result taking 14 or so months.
I cannot see any new hair sprouting in that time, so other than a bit of follicular thickening, how much more cam I expect.?

On finasteride and Regaine.

If I need a second procedure, will he be able to place new follicles between the last hair transplant implants? or will it damage them?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd say that at 9months all the hairs would have emerged but maybe you can expect a small improvement as the new hairs grow thin and the shafts take a while to fatten up in diameter. A good hair transplant surgeon can plant more hairs inbetween to improve the density.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes and since you are QUITE happy with 1000 grafts it means that you could easily achieve very good results with an additional procedure. I am preety sure you still have many grafts in your donor area.

v-head

Reaction score
In my peronal experience, I have found that the glamour shots on websites can be a weee it misleading when it comes to results. I completely understnad why clinics do this, and I don't blame them; after all, you want your best work out there for all to see. However, I feel it's best to form an opinion from meeting actual patients, or getting raw photos of patients pre-op, immediatly post-op, and later on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes some people have great hair charateristics suitable for surgery and these are the ones you see advertised but they are not your average results.

G

Remember, full caliper maturation can take up to fourteen months post-op. Some docs are of the opinion that it can take even longer.

Hair caliper is the single most critical factor in attaining the illusion of coverage. The fatter degree of caliper, also referred to as the degree of coarseness, the better coverage achieved.

Generally speaking, yes your surgeon can no doubt go between the exisitng hair to create more recipient sites, but I encourage you to equate the restoration from a density level that accomodates your hair characteristics.

In other words, don't over commit to a level of density that you really don't need to achieve the illusion of coverage. Think about your overall needs over your lifetime as well.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Pete24 I've just had my second procedure with Dr R of 1850 grafts after my first back in January 2006 with 1800 grafts.

I had to wait at least 9 months to see the results and I think you probably need two procedures to make the kind of impact that generally meets with expectations.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What I've been thinking about lately is one of the reasons Armani's work looks so good is he recommends his patients use minoxidil. I don't use minoxidil so I don't think I will get that wonderful coverage that certain patients of his achieved with one operation.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it can also have great results even on its own, so combined with a hair transplant, it can offer great coverage.

G

Minoxidil tends to produce a coarser degree of caliper in one's hair. That's the main reason why we attain better visual coverage from using it for three months or more.

Very few men see any meaningful re-growth, yet I have seen exceptions, especially in the younger guys.