9 months - big 3 - good progress

Unfixable

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm doing well and everything is going great.
I think I improved a bit more and my hair seems more healthy and easier to manage since I take my supplements in addition to the big 3.
I attached some new picture and also added one with my hair combed down in front because its hard to see the loss with my hair styled up anymore. I guess thats a great sign haha.
Also someone asked me by pm about which brand of generic minoxidil and finasteride I'm using. I take Finastar 1.25mg daily (Korean generic finasteride) and some Korean generic minoxidil which I can check once I'm at home but its just minoxidil without any other additions.
2014-11-09 13.31.35.jpg2014-11-09 13.31.46.jpg2014-11-09 13.32.35.jpg2014-11-09 13.33.21.jpg

Unfixable

Reaction score
I thought I upload some more pics for you guys in a different environment as my bathroom mirror so I looked through some pics from last year and some recent ones.
I guess anybody can see how far I have come with the big 3. The old pictures are even with some Toppik in my hair while the new ones are only some wax and no concealer :)
Of course I also did work out a lot in the last 6 months so I might look more "healthy" due to that also.

Edit: I don't know why but this forum seems to resize all my images no matter what I do, sorry can't make them bigger...

Attachments

• comp1.jpg
    comp1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 660
  • comp2.jpg
    comp2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 658

CM24

Reaction score
Amazing progress. I'd love to improve my hairline as much as you did. I have incredibly thick hair everywhere but the hairline has been receding for years. Looks ridiculous when the wind blows it back. Only just got on the big 3 a few months back, should have done it long ago.

xy53

Reaction score
finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral

Thank you. What are each used for?
Is a generic term for propecia?
I have been using minoxidil. Is the Cvs version just as good as the rogaine?
What is nizoral used for? I am using Regenerpure DR to stop DHT. Is this the same as Nizoral?
About taking biotin... is any multivitamin just as good or does biotin do something extra?
Thanks for your help.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. What are each used for?
Is a generic term for propecia?
I have been using minoxidil. Is the Cvs version just as good as the rogaine?
What is nizoral used for? I am using Regenerpure DR to stop DHT. Is this the same as Nizoral?
About taking biotin... is any multivitamin just as good or does biotin do something extra?
Thanks for your help.

finasteride is generic propecia
yes generic minoxidil is good
nizoral is easily the least important of the big 3. It is a keto shampoo (any keto shampoo is good not just nizoral). It has mild anti androgen properties and helps with dandruff and supposedly the efficacy of the other meds as well
Multivitamins will do nothing for the hair unless the hairloss is caused by vitamin deficiency, which isn't the case for people with male pattern baldness.

as for the purpose of the 3:

finasteride stops hairloss longterm
minoxidil creates regrowth on top of what the finasteride is maintaining
nizoral just does a little extra and also the shampoo fluffs up the hair making it look thicker (purely cosmetic effect)

Unfixable

Reaction score
Update

It has been some time guys, so I thought I give some update.
Hair is more or less the same, it seems I reached my peak and I'm maintaining now.
This doesn't mean I'm disappointed though, the big 3 gave me more hair back than I could ever hope!

Attachments

• 2015-04-11 16.13.07.jpg
    2015-04-11 16.13.07.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 682
  • 2015-04-11 16.13.25.jpg
    2015-04-11 16.13.25.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 677
  • 2015-04-11 16.12.56.jpg
    2015-04-11 16.12.56.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 680
  • 2015-04-11 16.13.19.jpg
    2015-04-11 16.13.19.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 685

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody I thought I should share my progress as I got some pretty decent result from the big 3 in the last 9 months.
I noticed my hairloss around 2011 I think but I hesitated for more than 2 years before finally jumping on the big 3.
I just realized that its just getting worse and I maybe I cannot bring myself to just shave it in the future.
So my only option was to trust the proven big 3. I also started working out 3 times a week for the past 6 months
and I'm eating clean and healthy. I guess the biggest prove that my hair starts improving is that people are commenting
on it regularly since around June, especially people who didnt see me for more than 3 months.

Routine:
Finasteride (1.25mg (Generic cut in 1/4ths)) - since November 2013
minoxidil (Liquid, Generic, 1 time a day at night) - since December 2013
Nizoral (Local brand (2%)) - since November 2013
Organic shampoo - since April 2014
Biotin 10,000 mcg/day - since August 2014

Side Effects:
As far as I can tell none. Libido fine, no brain fog, no watery semen,..
I never experienced any side effects from any medication in my life until now so I'm happy it was the same for finasteride.

Pictures:
View attachment 27542View attachment 27543View attachment 27544
I'm sorry the picture quality and light exposure is certainly not the best but I took the pics just for myself initially.
But I guess it's still easy to see that I made some quite good progress :)

Conclusion:
I'm just happy that I took the risk and got the rewards without any side effects luckily. I'm already satisfied and if I keep the hair like it is now I'm totally fine.
Everything else that is coming now is just a bonus to me. If you're in your 20s and loosing your hair I can only recommend to start as early as possible with your regime.
I know, you will regret it later!

Feel free to ask me anything, I will continue to post updates here.

Wow this is what im looking for. Same boat as you, about 2 years of losing hair until i hopped on finasteride- started on minoxidil right away when i noticed hair loss.

When did you notice solid hairline/corner regrowth? Im 4 months in and my crown has improved but nothing really yet on hairline/corners.

Unfixable

Reaction score
Wow this is what im looking for. Same boat as you, about 2 years of losing hair until i hopped on finasteride- started on minoxidil right away when i noticed hair loss.

When did you notice solid hairline/corner regrowth? Im 4 months in and my crown has improved but nothing really yet on hairline/corners.

My personal opinion is that finasteride produced 80% of my very good result so I think you can hope for some good regrowth. What is your age? I think the younger the person, the better the results.

For myself, I didn't really experience any regrowth before 6 months but I just let my hair grow quite long and then realized that my hair got much better after getting a good haircut once I passed the 7 month mark :) I think my results really started kicking in from 6 months-12 months, so cheer up and I wish you the same result :)

hair=life

Reaction score
List of brands?

Hi,
Could u please share which brands were u using for finasteride and minoxidil respectively??