9 months - big 3 - good progress

Unfixable

Reaction score
Hello everybody I thought I should share my progress as I got some pretty decent result from the big 3 in the last 9 months.
I noticed my hairloss around 2011 I think but I hesitated for more than 2 years before finally jumping on the big 3.
I just realized that its just getting worse and I maybe I cannot bring myself to just shave it in the future.
So my only option was to trust the proven big 3. I also started working out 3 times a week for the past 6 months
and I'm eating clean and healthy. I guess the biggest prove that my hair starts improving is that people are commenting
on it regularly since around June, especially people who didnt see me for more than 3 months.

Routine:
Finasteride (1.25mg (Generic cut in 1/4ths)) - since November 2013
minoxidil (Liquid, Generic, 1 time a day at night) - since December 2013
Nizoral (Local brand (2%)) - since November 2013
Organic shampoo - since April 2014
Biotin 10,000 mcg/day - since August 2014

Side Effects:
As far as I can tell none. Libido fine, no brain fog, no watery semen,..
I never experienced any side effects from any medication in my life until now so I'm happy it was the same for finasteride.

Pictures:
front.jpgfront_hairpulled.jpgrightside.jpg
I'm sorry the picture quality and light exposure is certainly not the best but I took the pics just for myself initially.
But I guess it's still easy to see that I made some quite good progress :)

Conclusion:
I'm just happy that I took the risk and got the rewards without any side effects luckily. I'm already satisfied and if I keep the hair like it is now I'm totally fine.
Everything else that is coming now is just a bonus to me. If you're in your 20s and loosing your hair I can only recommend to start as early as possible with your regime.
I know, you will regret it later!

Feel free to ask me anything, I will continue to post updates here.

tiki203

Reaction score
Awesome results, looks like your hairline filled in pretty much completely. I hope I get similar results! Do you use Liquid minoxidil?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Amazing man.
Must be nice to return back to NW1 city.
Exactly how old are you?

Unfixable

Reaction score
Awesome results, looks like your hairline filled in pretty much completely. I hope I get similar results! Do you use Liquid minoxidil?
Yes I'm using generic liquid minoxidil, I think I use about 2ml at night (1 time a day). I wish you the best to achieve similar results also! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing man.
Must be nice to return back to NW1 city.
Exactly how old are you?
I started when I was 27, now I'm 28.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I guess treatments do work on the hairline. And no side effects...imagine that...

Glad things are working out. Always good to see a success story.

CM24

Reaction score
This is inspirational. Do you think the Biotin is worthwhile? I'm currently on the Big 3. Only using them on my hairline. Shedded for 2 months. Then was back to baseline for month 3. Nearly finished 4 months now and I'm starting to see results. Delighted. Raging I didn't get on them earlier. Was always scared by the side effects.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Really good results, congratulations! Echo the question about biotin - do you think it's worth it? I got pretty bad stomach problems which I attributed to the biotin I was taking, so I stopped taking it. I would like to start taking supplements that make the hair stronger and healthier (but do nothing for male pattern baldness).

bram1988

Reaction score
Very encouraging. 10,000 Mg of biotin is the only thing missing from my regimen. Might try that as well.

Any special foods you have eaten in the last months. Or just generally more healthy?

I read that carrots, walnuts and spinach should be good for your hair.

Unfixable

Reaction score
Weird my last answer seems to have been removed, I have no idea why.

Wow this is soo encouraging. I was starting to feel hopeless.
Thank you for sharing this.
Yes I know exactly how it hair loss feels so I wanted to share my story in order to give some encouragment for others who are thinking about starting their treatment.
I hope I changed some young guys mind who is considering jumping on the big 3 now or wait for more time and then take it anyway when it's getting increasingely though to get most of his hair back.
I was quite late in starting my treatment also, probably 2 years before would have been the best point in time, but I got lucky.

This is inspirational. Do you think the Biotin is worthwhile?
I used Biotin only for 2 weeks and while I already saw an effect for on my fingernails I think seeing an improvement in my hair will take a longer time.

did you ever experienced a schedding?
No I think I didn't experience any shedding. The only thing I can say that my hair loss stopped around 2 months after starting finasteride. I know that because I'm living by myself so cleaning my shower gives me some good estimate on how much hair I lost in the sink for the last week haha.

Any special foods you have eaten in the last months. Or just generally more healthy?

I read that carrots, walnuts and spinach should be good for your hair.

Oh I didn't know about carrots, walnuts and spinach.
Now that you say it, besides working out 3 times a week usually my dinner is a green smoothie that contains:
2 cups of spinach (fresh one)
1 Banana
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 spoon of peanut butter
1-2 scoops of protein powder
Milk/Water/Almond milk depending on what is available

So I ate quite a lot of spinach, maybe there was an improvement in hair health related to that also.

I can only recommend to try it, even if it does nothing to your hair the effect on your body and health is amazing.
The exercise, clean eating and supplements gave me such much energy and also nearly completely removed dark circles around my eyes.
I feel more energy while studying and people often comment that my face looks more young and compliment my hairstyle (Some of them didn't realize that I have hair loss before I guess and just think that my hairstyle became better haha)

If its interesting to you guys I can post the other supplements I'm taking, maybe something is related to my success but probably not.
I think I will order also MSM and Silica to take together with Biotin. From what I found on the internet it seems like the big 3 for healthy hair hehe.

Hairster

Reaction score
Unfixable, wow that's some major progress in a span of 9 months! It's awesome seeing these kind of success stories.

I'm a recent victim of male pattern baldness for about 3-4 months now and just started my first month of finasteride and hair's been shedding like crazy. My hairline around the temples are receding and I received some advice from forum members to apply minoxidil to the temple area. Do you apply minoxidil to the whole frontal region of your head? Also crown area too or just let finasteride take care of that?

I'm sure your exercise routine and good nutrition is helping out the regrowth process too. Can you post on the other supplements that you are taking? I been taking supplements (fish oil, multivitamins, etc) starting in my 20s for health reasons so I'm always open to expanding my current supplements especially if it helps with male pattern baldness.

Unfixable

Reaction score
Unfixable, wow that's some major progress in a span of 9 months! It's awesome seeing these kind of success stories.

I'm a recent victim of male pattern baldness for about 3-4 months now and just started my first month of finasteride and hair's been shedding like crazy. My hairline around the temples are receding and I received some advice from forum members to apply minoxidil to the temple area. Do you apply minoxidil to the whole frontal region of your head? Also crown area too or just let finasteride take care of that?

I'm sure your exercise routine and good nutrition is helping out the regrowth process too. Can you post on the other supplements that you are taking? I been taking supplements (fish oil, multivitamins, etc) starting in my 20s for health reasons so I'm always open to expanding my current supplements especially if it helps with male pattern baldness.

I'm applying around 1ml to the frontal region (hairline, temples, area behind hairline) and around 0.5-1ml to the crown.

I will post the full list of the supplements I'm currently taking, most of them are from NOW foods as I like their cheap price but good quality.
I also included the prices as I was curious myself how much it will cost me each day.

My supplements are:
Morning (After waking up):
True Focus (If you google it you can read more about it, generally it improves mental clarity and many people report a positive change in their mood)(14.2 cent)
Multivitamin (Brand: Natures Way) (17.5 cent)
Finasterid (17cent)
Lysine (I frequently had cold sores about once every 2 months since I'm taking Lysine I didn't have any for 9 months. Also helps with skin and other body functions)(8.3 cent)

After lunch:
Green Tea Extract (Antioxidant, helps reducing body fat)(10 cent)
Gingko Bilboa (Antioxidant increases blood flow and oxygenation to the brain)(11.8 cent)
Multivitamin (17.5 cent)
Omega-3 (2 capsules) (I guess everybody knows about the benefits of Omega-3, good for hearth, brain, skin, hair..)(10 cent)
Royal Jelly (My friend recommended this, reviews on the internet are great and people reporting gaining so much energy from it, bit more pricey than most other supplements though)(23.3 cent)
Biotin (Promotes hair growth, healthy hair, strong fingernails..)(9.6 cent)
MSM (2 capsules) (Didn't arrive yet, doing research I just saw that many people take Biotin, MSM and Silica together for great results with their hair) (12.7 cent)
Silica (See above) (8.4 cent)

After dinner:
Multivitamin (17.5 cent)
Omega-3 (2 tablets) (10 cent)
Biotin (9.6 cent)
MSM (2 capsules) (12.7 cent)
Silica (8.4 cent)

All in all slightly below $3 a day. I got big results in terms of general health. I can wake up easier and I'm more focused during studying and even have more endurance during my work outs.
Also more endurance in...other parts... of my life haha.
If you decide to take some of these supplements don't start multiple supplements at the same time is my recommendation. If you start one by one you have a better knowledge of how the specific supplements affect you and which ones are a waste of money. Also you can know which supplement is the culprit if you get any side effects like an upset stomach.

I will report in 1-2 months about Biotin/MSM/Silica and if they proved useful to me :D

Hairster

Reaction score
:woot: Wow, I thought I was pretty healthy with all the supplements I been taking but you're putting me to shame! :$ I take all my supplements once a day, usually morning or noon time but good to see how you spread out your supplements after every meal.

Right now I'm just putting minoxidil in the temple areas where I lost hair. I'm scared of applying it to my front hairline and have it recede since minoxidil would cause a lot of shedding in the beginning. It's starting to thin out and I can see the scalp more.

Thanks for sharing the info! Great tip, I'll start off with the True Focus supplements for 1-2 weeks then the Royal Jelly. Going to focus more on my exercise routine to reduce the stress level in dealing with male pattern baldness and keep my mood up. It'll help get my mind off it and at my age of 36, I think it's going to take a very long time to see results. Is your current exercise routine more on weight training or cardio? I'm an ectomorph body type so my level of weight to cardio is 80/20.

I recently added collagen to my supplement routine, in case you want to check it out: http://www.youtheory.com/collagen/

Unfixable

Reaction score
:woot: Wow, I thought I was pretty healthy with all the supplements I been taking but you're putting me to shame! :$ I take all my supplements once a day, usually morning or noon time but good to see how you spread out your supplements after every meal.

Right now I'm just putting minoxidil in the temple areas where I lost hair. I'm scared of applying it to my front hairline and have it recede since minoxidil would cause a lot of shedding in the beginning. It's starting to thin out and I can see the scalp more.

Thanks for sharing the info! Great tip, I'll start off with the True Focus supplements for 1-2 weeks then the Royal Jelly. Going to focus more on my exercise routine to reduce the stress level in dealing with male pattern baldness and keep my mood up. It'll help get my mind off it and at my age of 36, I think it's going to take a very long time to see results. Is your current exercise routine more on weight training or cardio? I'm an ectomorph body type so my level of weight to cardio is 80/20.

I recently added collagen to my supplement routine, in case you want to check it out: http://www.youtheory.com/collagen/

Collagen sounds interesting, I will check it out and see how much it will cost me to take daily.
Regarding exercise, I'm doing 100% weight training but every here and there I join my gf for jogging (But this is probably once every 14 days).
The true focus is definitely working well for me, I don't know exactly about royal jelly because I started it at the same time with some other supplements so I cannot tell which one is providing the benefits.
That was a mistake on my side, I recommend to add new supplements one by one and check for 1 week for the changes :)

bram1988

Reaction score
I've been stealing your supplement regimen lately. Slowly adding MSM, Biotin, Silica, Collagen, Royal jelly, Omega 3, Lysine and Green tea extract, to my regimen (probably in that order). I was wondering if you had any ideas on Zinc, Iron and Magnesium intake.

Unfixable

Reaction score
I've been stealing your supplement regimen lately. Slowly adding MSM, Biotin, Silica, Collagen, Royal jelly, Omega 3, Lysine and Green tea extract, to my regimen (probably in that order). I was wondering if you had any ideas on Zinc, Iron and Magnesium intake.

I don't have any ideas on Zinc, Iron or Magnesium sorry, I'm still a beginner in hair related studies hehe.

I experienced some light appearance of acne around 3 weeks ago and I started stopping my supplements one by one for a few days to find out the possible culprit.
Turned out the royal jelly gave me some light acne so I decided to drop this supplement from my regime.
Other changes are that I recently added L-Cysteine also mainly because of its supposedly good effects on hair :)
I'm really looking at collagen also but I don't wanna increase my spending's on supplements by much more but the reviews for most collagen products are reallyyyy promising :D

Finally, some update about my progress: Everything is going well and I think I'm improving further, I also took some new pictures few days ago:
update september.jpg
Please note that this time there is some wax in the hair already, I forgot to take the picture before and already put it on.
I'm looking forward to see further progress until the 1 year mark hopefully and lets see if the supplements will provide some additional boost, still too early to tell since I only took most of them for a month :)

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow . . . good on you man!! i hope i get some results too very soon -_-.