9 month update...

bombscience

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I've kind of fallen off the boards over the last couple of months but here's where i'm at with my hairloss battle.

From months 7-9 i've simplified even further. I'm down to the big three and the big three only. I cut spironolactone and folligen out of the equation. I have my irriation under control using nizoral every other day.

I never did really try spironolactone for a long time because the PG in the formula seemed to cause irritation.

I now apply PG-free xandrox 5% morning and night. 1mg of finasteride nightly. nizoral every other day. I take Biotin, Centrum, MSM, and Grapeseed pretty much every day as well.

Results? Barely any. I'm at about 9.5 months on finasteride and my crown is probably thinning at a slower rate. It actually may have stopped the hairloss in the back but there has been no regrowth. The front is thinning at the same rate as always. The amount of hair that falls out over the last 2 months has slightly decreased, but the quality of hair that falls out is horrible. They are all thin hairs with mosly no pigment at all.

I'm going to get a haircut on thursday and post some side by side comparisons that should cleary show my damaged front.

Next steps: Riding it out until month 12 when I will most likely switch to avodart with a xandrox 15% solution for another 6 months. If that finally doesn't work, i might try fluridil as well.

Cassin

Reaction score
Curious as to why you would drop Folligen?

Anyway, best of luck Bomb, I think since I have been here I have been pulling for you as much as me with this.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bomb,

GLAD to hear that you finally have the irritation under control. From past posts, I know it was bugging the sh*t out of you.

Hopefully you've turned a corner. Hope the results come now.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice to get an update. Sorry you haven't gotten great results from the treatment. However, since you have been experiencing irritation the whole time, maybe that is what has inhibited the treatment. In other words, now that you have that under control without folligen, things could still look up. And hopefully those thin hairs are being shed only to make way for thicker ones.

Though I think propecia and the big three have halted my hair loss, I haven't seen any noticeable regrowth either. I'm entering month 7 in 2 weeks. Name of the game is to halt this male pattern baldness as much as possible until they find a cure.

Good luck.