8yr old boy with stress induced alopecia

patchwork-mum

Reaction score
I am currently trying to get a statement of education for my son, his school have segregated him from the other pupils and he is not allowed to play. He is constantly told he is naughty and now believes that he doesn't know how to be good, he is also descriminated against, for example he and another boy escaped from the classroom because they wanted to play (please remember my son is not allowed to do play) the other boy was told off and sent back to the classroom and my son was sent home. Following his second exclusion I noticed that he had a patch of hair missing, other patches seem to be appearing almost over night. He has such beautiful thick hair and it's breaking my heart to think that he is in such an emotional state that he is loosing great chunks of hair. I know nothing about alopecia, whether it grows back in time or if he will eventually loose all of his hair, if anyone out there is going through similar with their child or has done in the past please could you let me know?

EffBalding

Reaction score
It could be stress induced but for an 8 year old to be stressed is unheard of. It'll grow back though. But there must be something you're not telling us because I don't buy it that the school treats your child like that for no reason.

patchwork-mum

Reaction score
I think he has asbergers or some autistic spectrum disorder, the school want the funding for him but don't want to have to cope with him. I am trying to get him assessed but this is very difficult. I didn't mention this because this is supposed to be a site for alopecia not ASD's

Hoppi

Reaction score
hm... I think addressing the stress issue can't be a bad thing. I would be amazed if stress-induced alopecia at that age is permanent though...

Obviously make sure you get the opinion of a good doctor or two.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about this kind of alopecia though :(

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think stress is an unlikely cause at this age

you need to start checking the dates of these posts. It's in the upper left hand corner above the posters name. It it's useless bumping posts from 5 years ago. Thank you.