8 years on 1mg Propecia

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

TAINTED-MEAT said:
Yes veteran just get a pill cutter and divide it into fourths, you'll be taking 1.25 mg a day.
[/quote]

haha 3 and a half year bump...

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
veteran surfer said:
I have always used this forum for information but never felt the urge to post as I saw myself as inexperienced and with little to add to current discussions.

However, I think that after 8 years on 1mg of Propecia I should share my experiences.

I saw impressive regrowth for the first 15 months followed by stability up until now.
I have experienced no side effects whatsoever and have a perfectly active sex life. I drink a couple of beers or glasses of wine, stay fit, eat well and indulge occasionally in recreational drugs. So my overall impression of propecia is totally positive.

Since hairloss is not the issue it was to me 8 years ago I have decided to reduce the dose to 0,5mg by cutting my pill daily. I will make a post in 6 months to let you know if this has had a negative effect. If the effect is negative there is a good chance that I will go back to 1mg daily!

My only other mild concern was the reported effects of finestride on the male foetus. That said, having read the study on the intravenous injection of pregnant monkeys with 750mg of finestride (poor guys) and the outcome of no ill effects I would suspect that you are more likely to get eaten by a shark whilst surfing then damage the male foetus through exposing your partner to finestride in your sperm. We are planning to try and have kids in the next couple of years so will keep everyone posted on this.

I also notice that some veteran posters have already had male kids with the partners whilst taking propecia and there have been no ill effects.

Any up-to-date comments appreciated on the 0,5mg of finestride experiment
Any up-to-date comments on the effects of finestride on male foetus study appreciated.

proscar (pretty much the same as propecia) leaflet:

“If your partner is pregnant or planning to become pregnant you should use a condom or other barrier method of contraception when taking proscar. This is because your semen could contain a tiny amount of the drug and may affect the normal development of the baby’s sex organs.â€￾

Source: http://www.baldingblog.com/2010/12/02/p ... ondom-now/

cherylfoster

Reaction score
I am also suggest you that have you check your blood and liver because it is very important.it can create a hiigh estradiol or estrogen and stuff like that. And I also suggest that use condoms while your partner is pregnet or planing about it.Thanks