8 months on Propecia,thinking of starting Rogaine

Rafa

Reaction score
I've been on Propecia for 8 months. My main concern is the crown where i have lost the most hair the last 10 years. I don't see alot of difference since starting Propecia although it doesn't seem any worse.

I'm thinking of adding the Rogaine foam,but not sure whether to wait for the 1yr mark on Propecia. I have lost hair in the crown,its also thinning in the mid scalp and behind the hairline. Where is Rogaine the most effective ? Any thoughts ?

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sort of asking the same question. I have been on Finpecia/Fincar for about 1 year and 6 months, and I have pretty much maintained (at least I think and hope). I guess I am going to get me some Rogaine foam and see what happens. Bottom line is it cant hurt.

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in exactly the same boat 1 year and 2months, foam arrived today, aprehensive about starting it because i'll have to do it for the rest of my days, or until i accept defeat

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on propecia for alil over a year before i started foam.

i started foam in december and i use it only on the hairline and temples. it's been almost two months and i already have vellus hairs ALL over the hairline n temples. i have so many sprouted vellus hairs that it makes myhairline THICKER.

whether or not they all turn terminal..time will tell

my point is, the regrowth you get on finasteride is slow and hardly noticeable. if regrowth is what you are looking for, finasteride is not really the answer.