myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Treatment:

Finasteride and Regenpure DR for about 7-8 months.

I was losing on crown and around temples, both have filled in pretty nicely.

Before:

22957-1a66ab161db35be964ddc8f38428b4ae.jpg

22958-392e9e79d55a97015df73a01bf618192.jpg

AFTER:
20160817_163336.jpg

20160817_163334.jpg

I busted my phone so I lost a lot of the better 'before' pictures, it was actually a lot worse than it looks in those pics.

Timeline:

I got initial shed which continued up until about month 5, almost quit finasteride, didnt start seeing results until about month 6. Months 6-8 is when I have seen the most improvement

Sides:

No initial sides, I thought I was getting gyno but I think it was probably in my head now that it 'went away".

Minor decrease in libido, hardly noticeable, not an issue.

Iv been getting a lot of constant dull headaches and feel a bit 'zoney?, may or may not be related to finasteride, these started around month 4-5.

Went from a decently big drinker to hardly touching alcohol. Post finasteride, I dont get the 'giddy/euphoric' feeling when drinking anymore, so I don't bother.

Anxiety has increased a bit, again not sure if related to finasteride.

Looks like finasteride has been great for my hair, but the sides have me a bit worried.

Going to see a doctor at the end of the month. I may take a couple week break from finasteride to see if it improves the anxiety/headaches. If it does, ill have to kiss it goodbye =/. Mental well being > hair.

Ill try to find some better 'before' pics. Update to follow, good luck everyone

Original thread here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...the-trigger-on-finasteride-please-help.96468/

dzomba22

Reaction score
Man it looks amazing!! I have the same regime and hope I get the same result like you but I am only in month 1...long and terrible waiting for me because my hair is falling out like crazy. When did you start noticing reduce in hair-loss?

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Man it looks amazing!! I have the same regime and hope I get the same result like you but I am only in month 1...long and terrible waiting for me because my hair is falling out like crazy. When did you start noticing reduce in hair-loss?

Thanks. Hang in there..I have heard shedding is a good sign as it means the drug is working (not sure if thats true).

I was losing fast when I started, finasteride stoped my shedding and male pattern baldness itch almost right away. Then I started shedding again from month 1-5. Still shedding now, but less, and getting good regrowth

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fantastic regrowth man! Doesn't even look like you have male pattern baldness whatsoever now.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any update on the sides ?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's victory, son. Sit back and soak it in.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
To counteract any suspected sides, you may want to try stopping regenepure first, and see how that goes. I know i get a bit spaced out and headachy on keto. finasteride is likely having the biggest improvement, so my advice is try to see if it isnt something else first.

my two cents...

supermancarl

Reaction score
looks great! what dosage? 1mg daily? I'm currently 4 months on finasteride (1mg/day), no sides, no improvement.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
To counteract any suspected sides, you may want to try stopping regenepure first, and see how that goes. I know i get a bit spaced out and headachy on keto. finasteride is likely having the biggest improvement, so my advice is try to see if it isnt something else first.

my two cents...

Ill try that but I kind of doubt its the shampoo and not finasteride

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ill try that but I kind of doubt its the shampoo and not finasteride

You are likely right, but just conveying my experience. You may also want to try some zinc picolinate, I wish i had tried it while on finasteride.

BTW Ive been off both finasteride and minoxidil for 12 years now. If you're looking for an alternative, Ive been holding my loss at bay by mixing b6 (p5p) + zinc (sulfate) + rubbing alcohol (ethyl alcohol 70%) - if you live in the States you can probably buy the vitamins at gnc or something similar. If you search my posts, you can see more about it.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, BTW do you have any improvement on your hairline (especially temples)?

Absolutely..my temples were diffuse thinning, so I still had my hairline but it looked pretty bad around the temples and around to the back.

Looked OK when it was dry, but when it got wet I could see the clear U balding shape forming and a tuft/forelock.

finasteride has thickened this up a lot as well, ill try to find pictures