8 Months In With Finasteride (pics Included).

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been roaming this site for a while and finally decided to sign up and interact.
I have been on Finasteride going on 8 months. I'm pretty sure I'm finishing up my 8 months and not going into it. I have to double check and see. Anyways I haven't seen any results yet, I still shed but it my main problem spots I don't seem to shed anymore.

I also use minoxidil but not too consistent though. When I rub my minoxidil on is when I track my shedding in the sink.

I guess I'm posting for reassurance and hope because a lot of posts I see where most people realize some degree or regrowth or thickness by or around 6 months so I'm nervous that Finasteride may not be working. Yes I know it maintained and that is considered success but I'm a diffuse thinner so my hair loss looks bad.

Like I said my hair loss is diffuse thinning and my hairline has not receded so if I could just thicken up my thin hairs I think I will be more than happy. I'm going to attach my photos so you guys can examine and maybe let me know if I'm too far gone or what.

The photos attatched are from last week but you can consider it baseline also because it hasn't changed much.

Past experiences and advice would be appreciated greatly!

EDIT: Ok so I recently just checked to see when my first prescription was and it was mid April of last year. So it has actually been 9 months now... which is alittle more upsetting....

Attachments

• IMG_1896.JPG
    IMG_1896.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • IMG_1890.JPG
    IMG_1890.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some photos with my hair brushed back. Hopefully I get some regrowth or thickening. I'm 8-9 months in using Finasteride everyday rarely missing a day and minoxidil on and off but pretty consistent.

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 905

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been roaming this site for a while and finally decided to sign up and interact.
I have been on Finasteride going on 8 months. I'm pretty sure I'm finishing up my 8 months and not going into it. I have to double check and see. Anyways I haven't seen any results yet, I still shed but it my main problem spots I don't seem to shed anymore.

I also use minoxidil but not too consistent though. When I rub my minoxidil on is when I track my shedding in the sink.

I guess I'm posting for reassurance and hope because a lot of posts I see where most people realize some degree or regrowth or thickness by or around 6 months so I'm nervous that Finasteride may not be working. Yes I know it maintained and that is considered success but I'm a diffuse thinner so my hair loss looks bad.

Like I said my hair loss is diffuse thinning and my hairline has not receded so if I could just thicken up my thin hairs I think I will be more than happy. I'm going to attach my photos so you guys can examine and maybe let me know if I'm too far gone or what.

The photos attatched are from last week but you can consider it baseline also because it hasn't changed much.

EDIT: Ok so I recently just checked to see when my first prescription was and it was mid April of last year. So it has actually been 9 months now... which is alittle more upsetting....

It's really hard to say that it's not working. The fact is, it could be that it would be much WORSE now and has SLOWED it down
quite a bit. In other words, it retarded the balding.

Don't say it's not working.

Many men have thought that.

You have the DHT under control.

Also try switching to Minoxidil foam. The fact is, the hair just could either be doing a normal shed, or the alchohol mixed in the Minoxidil
may be drying the follicles, and just causing them to break off at the top.

Finasteride can actually take up to TWO YEARS before it shows maximum benefits.

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! It's just hard because I fee like most people see results by 6 months and the ones who don't just simply maintain. And the ones who say they don't yet have regrowth by like 10 months never come back to say wether hey rethickened any hair up or not...maybe bc they did and just felt coming back was pointless since their worries are gone. I hope I see some regrowth/thickening by then! Maybe even by one year in.

I use to use minoxidil foam but switch to this 2 step system called Qilib. It's basically minoxidil and then some revitalization spray you put on afterwards. My dermatologist recommended it. I only like it because the minoxidil sprays on your head but I might switch back to foam being, like you said, the alcohol maybe breaking hair off.

Anyways I'm praying I see some good change in hair quality by the end of year or some time around it. I have diffuse thinning so it looks real shitty! Good luck to all out there suffering with hair loss
It's really hard to say that it's not working. The fact is, it could be that it would be much WORSE now and has SLOWED it down

Also try switching to Minoxidil foam. The fact is, the hair just could either be doing a normal shed, or the alchohol mixed in the Minoxidil

Favorable

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some photos with my hair brushed back. Hopefully I get some regrowth or thickening. I'm 8-9 months in using Finasteride everyday rarely missing a day and minoxidil on and off but pretty consistent.
Because you use minoxidil on and off instead of everyday, twice a day, that why you keep shedding. Can't believe nowone told you yet.
Please stop minoxidil or use it twice a day for the rest of your life.

When you stop minoxidil, you will be screwed in the long run because of the constant sheddingphase you go true.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
No. Its absolutely enough to usw Minoxidil once a day.

It would be a problem, if he uses it 14x a week and then two weeks only 2-3x. But once a day is enough.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
No. Its absolutely enough to usw Minoxidil once a day.

It would be a problem, if he uses it 14x a week and then two weeks only 2-3x. But once a day is enough.

Please post evidence in relation to you claim... as from what information we have, only so much can be absorbed per cm2, hence the instructions of using it twice per day, rather than once.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about once a day though. It has to hit the target (terminal follicles) to work.

For men though, usually if they don't get their DHT under control, they will lose gains from Minoxidil.

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know of cases of people rethickening up hair even if they haven't had any around 9 months?

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: as of this Wednesday, I have switched to Propecia instead of generic bc I have seen a lot of people say brand worked better for them. Anyways, I will be posting periodically on my journey.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score

Hey Kendall,

That's what I'm curious about: Do you believe that finasteride has, at least, worked to maintain what you've had? Regrowth is just a bonus, of course, but maintenance, even where you are now, would, in my mind, be a great success.

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have maintained what I've had since I've started Finasteride. But my thinning looks weird on top and I want to at least thicken up what I have, especially since I have diffuse thinning. I've read articles and even received confirmation from my dermatologist that some do much better on Propecia than they would on generic. I'm willing to pay the price for a better chance of getting regrowth or thickening.