8 Mnths Finpecia/finasteride Telogen Effluvium, Miniaturization, Two Phases Of Shedding, Diffusing

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before treatment I was using Minoxidil (around 2 years with success) for overall thinning and Norzal but didn't want to rely on Minoxidil as it make me look like sh.t skin wise and felt Minoxidil was losing its affect on crown but my hair density was pretty decent... I had to full head of hair and a bit long.

Starting Finpecia/Finasteride I gradually and work my dose to 1mg (bought from Alldaychemist) and sometimes in beginning I quit Minoxidil (replace it with Peppermint oil/aloe/castor oil) and still used Norzal - I experienced not so much sides effect in beginning then the volume of my semen increased by a lot and maybe some tiredness/brain fog.

Around 3 months or more I had 1st SHEDDING but I rode it out and semen volume decreased but became watery. Some miniaturization happened. I started to have some growth and shedding gone and crown looking better and consistent density like the rest of my hair.

I had to order more Finpecia/Finasteride (batch made from same manufacture Cipla (but box looked slightly different and shown made at a different Cipla location in India) and in the mean time while waiting for new drugs I decided to go half dose of .5 mg but this only lasted a week or two.

6 months - I started taking the new order of Finpecia/Finasteride 1mg. After a month or so I began 2ND SHEDDING, Telogen Effluvium, and Miniaturization.

I am not at 8 months - still SHEDDING, Telogen Effluvium, Miniaturization, and hardly no new growth...and even baby hair or short hairs are even falling out. I'm losing hair through out my head, it's mostly at the top and crown thinning bad - can see my scalp and my crown is the worst and skin scalp has a few of these pimple bumps, scalp feeling like its burning and itching and irritated and skin is worst at crown.

I don't know what to do at this point, I am thinking maybe this is Finpecia/Finasteride working to ride out but I read from others it could be not and I am not a good responder....maybe this is a bad batch I got...maybe it's the Norzal. I just don't know. I recently stopped the Norzal and peppermint oil and been using my psoriasis steroid ointment on my scalp (its iching as I type this)...and I ordered a caffeine shampoo.

So now I am on and only using .5mg of Finpecia/Finasteride thinking that would lessen the shed and Telogen Effluvium and using aloe/castor oil/rosemary oil along with steroid topical to calm scalp and aid in hair growth.

Any suggestion or advice...should I quit Finpecia/Finasteride...my hair looks like sh.t now before I started but I am already invested it this and should ride it out and eventually respond positively?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before treatment I was using Minoxidil (around 2 years with success) for overall thinning and Norzal but didn't want to rely on Minoxidil as it make me look like sh.t skin wise and felt Minoxidil was losing its affect on crown but my hair density was pretty decent... I had to full head of hair and a bit long.

Starting Finpecia/Finasteride I gradually and work my dose to 1mg (bought from Alldaychemist) and sometimes in beginning I quit Minoxidil (replace it with Peppermint oil/aloe/castor oil) and still used Norzal - I experienced not so much sides effect in beginning then the volume of my semen increased by a lot and maybe some tiredness/brain fog.

Around 3 months or more I had 1st SHEDDING but I rode it out and semen volume decreased but became watery. Some miniaturization happened. I started to have some growth and shedding gone and crown looking better and consistent density like the rest of my hair.

I had to order more Finpecia/Finasteride (batch made from same manufacture Cipla (but box looked slightly different and shown made at a different Cipla location in India) and in the mean time while waiting for new drugs I decided to go half dose of .5 mg but this only lasted a week or two.

6 months - I started taking the new order of Finpecia/Finasteride 1mg. After a month or so I began 2ND SHEDDING, Telogen Effluvium, and Miniaturization.

I am not at 8 months - still SHEDDING, Telogen Effluvium, Miniaturization, and hardly no new growth...and even baby hair or short hairs are even falling out. I'm losing hair through out my head, it's mostly at the top and crown thinning bad - can see my scalp and my crown is the worst and skin scalp has a few of these pimple bumps, scalp feeling like its burning and itching and irritated and skin is worst at crown.

I don't know what to do at this point, I am thinking maybe this is Finpecia/Finasteride working to ride out but I read from others it could be not and I am not a good responder....maybe this is a bad batch I got...maybe it's the Norzal. I just don't know. I recently stopped the Norzal and peppermint oil and been using my psoriasis steroid ointment on my scalp (its iching as I type this)...and I ordered a caffeine shampoo.

So now I am on and only using .5mg of Finpecia/Finasteride thinking that would lessen the shed and Telogen Effluvium and using aloe/castor oil/rosemary oil along with steroid topical to calm scalp and aid in hair growth.

Any suggestion or advice...should I quit Finpecia/Finasteride...my hair looks like sh.t now before I started but I am already invested it this and should ride it out and eventually respond positively?

If you do not experience any sides or unbearable sides maybe you should give it 12-16 months. You've already invested all this time, money and hope.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started back on minoxidil even though it makes me bloated and skin looks bad. I am using alpecin double effect shampoo which i just used for first time. Scalp feels good.

I do realized it can take up to 6 months for minoxidil to be rid out the system so maybe thats what im experiencing and the lost/shedding is not really from finasteride. I thought the peppermint oil was sustaining my hair from replacing minoxidil Idk. What i see now could be the baseline of minoxidil wearing off which diffussing mainly at top and especially crown.

I will report back and maybe with pics if my hair is back full again

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do not experience any sides or unbearable sides maybe you should give it 12-16 months. You've already invested all this time, money and hope.
I already lost maybe 50% or if not more in density especially at top. Now I do look like I suffer from hair loss as before starting finasteride it wasnt the case. I have to be honest this could be from quitting minoxidil but still i don’t believe i should be so diffuse as to now . My baseline prior to using rogaine was not like this. My hair seems to be minaturizing as well. I just dont know. I read some that finasteride really screwed them up in hair department.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause and I did read of people saying that their hairline got fu*ked by fina. Not sure what to say, I don't take it but I read a lot about it. I think people that take it would tell youi the same thing: if no sides, continue to at least 12 months, maybe 18. Hair takes a long time to recover.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause and I did read of people saying that their hairline got fu*ked by fina. Not sure what to say, I don't take it but I read a lot about it. I think people that take it would tell youi the same thing: if no sides, continue to at least 12 months, maybe 18. Hair takes a long time to recover.
Yes but some said that the excessive shedding could be a result of not being a good responder.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah dude im just freaking out. I should have just stuck to minoxidil because hair was looking fine though crown could be lil better. I thought that finasteride could replace minoxidil as minoxidil makes skin look wrinkly n dark circles n bloating. But now being on finasteride 8 months i look like a hair loss case!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From all of the pics and youtube videos of finasteride success. They all look like to not be shedding to a diffuse or worsen state. I seen progression pics and they always seem to be same state or improving in density but i am diffussing like i am a cancer patient going thru chemo. Trust me before i signed up for this forum. I read shedding is normal why i stuck it to 8 months but now i am now sure about this whole shedding phase!

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely no expert but so far I've read both reactions: shedding and no shedding. Bot have been reported in success stories. Some people said they had an accelerated hairloss that looked like a very bad Norwood and then recovered while others said they never recovered. The thing is Minoxidil's recovered hair is never really fully thick hair. And the skin looks old and saggy according to many reports.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i started alpecia and minoxidil last night. Its either my skin looks bad or my hair i chose my hair as thats looking so bad

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i started alpecia and minoxidil last night. Its either my skin looks bad or my hair i chose my hair as thats looking so bad

Yeah but it seems that Mino does not really give long lasting impressive results so you might end up with shitty hair and, on top of it, sagged skin. Not sure what alpecia is.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
medical doctors not bro science says finasteride doesn't cause shedding itself. i am QUITTING finasteride after being on it 9 months or taking a break from it. i had good scalp coverage/hair before finasteride by just using minoxidil and now my scalp and hair looks like sh*t.

i believe i'm experiencing Telogen Effluvium..i just woke up this morning and my crown is itchy as hell so is the rest of my scalp but especially at crown and thats where it's thinning the most but losing at top of my hair in general this been going on around 2 months...i have no bald spots but severe thinning. i never had Telogen Effluvium or dandruff or scalp issues just minor pimples here and there and some dandruff from liquid minoxidil but not what i'm suffering like now of a burning itching sensation without dandruff but with hair loss instead.

by the way, i been off minoxidil since i started finasteride and had initial shedding around 3 or 4 months after but everything seem fine hair wise with sides that kinda went away but 7 months in i got this Telogen Effluvium...they say it takes 6 months for minoxidil to be out of system so it should be. i recently went back on minoxidil due to severe thinning and shedding and as mentioned, i am quitting finasteride...not sure permanently or temporary...stayed on finasteride hoping Telogen Effluvium and severe thinning would go away along (i even tried reducing from 1mg finasteride to .5) nothing is helping so i must quit. if it goes away then it was finasteride.

Last edited:

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FROM SOMEONE WITH DIFFUSE THINNING, WHY DID FINASTERIDE MAKE ME THIN BADLY ON TOP AND SIDE BACK IS BETTER? LIKE IT MADE ME HAVE MALE PATTERN BALDNESS LIKE THAT U SHAPE ON TOP OF HEAD AND MY STRANDS ARE THINNING TOO. IM NOT SEEING ANY BENEFITS FROM THIS MEDICATION. IT TOTALLY F UP MY HAIR

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FROM SOMEONE WITH DIFFUSE THINNING, WHY DID FINASTERIDE MAKE ME THIN BADLY ON TOP AND SIDE BACK IS BETTER? LIKE IT MADE ME HAVE MALE PATTERN BALDNESS LIKE THAT U SHAPE ON TOP OF HEAD AND MY STRANDS ARE THINNING TOO. IM NOT SEEING ANY BENEFITS FROM THIS MEDICATION. IT TOTALLY F UP MY HAIR

Because you quit Minoxidil you f*****g retard.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Before and after pics?

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have your problem too.
I’m using minoxidil for 3 years but from 5 mounth ago it lost effectiveness.
Now i’m in finpecia(indian brand,like you)But i did’t see any thing till now and i’m using finpecia for 51 days(But i continue using minoxidil)
I don’t know what should we do?
And why f*****g minoxidil lost effects?
But i think it’s better that use both of mino and fina and wait...
Because there’s no any other treatment.
Can you send me a picture from your hair!?

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly what’d u expect once u quit minoxidil. You’re gonna lose everything that was dependent on it for growth. Don’t blame finasteride. U should of used them both together or taper off slowly to slow the effects.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because you quit Minoxidil you f*****g retard.
I WAS OFF MINOXIDIL FOR 6 MONTHS, THE SHEDDING SHOULD OCCURRED WITHIN THAT TIME FRAME b**ch! I HAD THREE SERIES OF SHEDDING HAIR JUST FALLS OUT SO EASILY WHEN I RUN MY HANDS THRU IT, BEEN ON THIS SHITTY DRUG FOR OVER A YEAR, I NEVER HAD SHEDDING STARTING MINOXIDIL, AND QUITTING IT AND IM STILL USING MINOXIDIL FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, f*****g b**ch! I QUIT MINOXIDIL MANY TIMES BEFORE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS HAPPENED, DON'T BLAME MINOXIDIL FUCKTARD

Last edited:

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly what’d u expect once u quit minoxidil. You’re gonna lose everything that was dependent on it for growth. Don’t blame finasteride. U should of used them both together or taper off slowly to slow the effects.
NO IT IS FINASTERIDE, I AM ON MINOXIDIL AND STILL SHEDDING. NOT EVERYONE GETS SHEDDING QUITTING MINOXIDIL OR STARTING IT, I DIDN'T GET ANY SHEDDING FROM MINOXIDIL AND QUITTING IT AFTER (6 MONTHS). I CAN DEDUCE THE ISSUES. FINASTERIDE HAS GIVING ME THREE SHEDDING PHASES AND IM USING MINOXIDIL BUT MY DIFFUSE THINNING WAS BARELY ANYTHING WHEN I USED MINOXIDIL, I LOST OVER HALF MY DENSITY USING THIS FINASTERIDE...., YOU MOFOS JUMP TO f*****g CONCLUSION, NOT EVERYONE WILL REACT SUCCESSFULLY TO FINASTERIDE, IT MAY WORK FOR YOU AND BE DISASTEROUS FOR OTHERS, FUCKERS.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AGAIN, ITS NOT MINOXIDIL, EVEN MY SIDES ARE MINIATURIZING, AND I NEVER USED MINOXIDIL ON MY SIDES, STOP BLAMING MINOXIDIL...GO WATCH PPL ON YOUTUBE WHO QUIT MINOXIDIL, NOT EVERYONE SHEDS. I QUIT MINOXIDIL MANY TIMES BEFORE, IN MY 20S AND 30S

Last edited: