7 Weeks into Rogaine.. Massive Shed... ABOUT TO START finasteride... Shed advice HELP!

SpitItOut

Reaction score
I have been using Rogaine for 7 weeks and experienced massive shedding on the top of my head.. a 45 year old male who had a transplant about 8 years ago... used Rogaine and Propecia for first year. used Rogaine off and on for last several years but have not for nearly a year. My hair was fine until about the last six month so I got back on Rogaine and have had the Shed from Hell... :protest: So now I just got my script for finasteride.. WILL I HAVE ANOTHER SHED.. cuz I finally quit shedding and my hair on the whole top of my head is extra thin right now from the Rogaine shed.. another Shed would devastate me at this point.. I am hoping I am coming around with the Rogaine and my hair will thicken up again… ADVICE?? Shot it to me straight!

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres no way of knowing if finasteride will make you shed or not but in my experience a shed from finasteride is unlikely and even if it does happen will not be as bad as one from rogaine.

Whether you shed or not should not really be an issue as regardless of a shed finasteride is the best chance you have of preserving your hair long term

SpitItOut

Reaction score
GRACIAS!
Theres no way of knowing if finasteride will make you shed or not but in my experience a shed from finasteride is unlikely and even if it does happen will not be as bad as one from rogaine.

Whether you shed or not should not really be an issue as regardless of a shed finasteride is the best chance you have of preserving your hair long term

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
start finasteride now

saja2148

Reaction score
One thing I've learned from years of using minoxidil is that it's for life. Going on and off causes sheds and Telogen Effluvium

SpitItOut

Reaction score
Is started finasteride ... the 5mg are $9 for 30 at Target.. CVS is a ****ing scam wanted to charge me 78 for the same exact stuff

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you just keep taking the meds for at least a year before assessing their effectiveness