7 Months On Propecia, Time To Switch To Dutasteride?

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started propecia earlier this year because I was shedding, initially my shedding increased from what it was before taking the drug and my hair is thinner all over now, although I still have full coverage (but the hair is lighter). My shedding has reduced from what it was a couple of months in to finasteride, in those early months I would notice more loose hair during the day on my clothes or feel it on my cheek or ear, but now I only notice shed hair while drying my hair after a shower or on my pillow in the morning. I thought propecia was supposed to stop the shedding? So far it's spiked and then reduced but continued for months. I started out on 0.25mg ED and upped it to 0.5mg a couple of months ago and noticed another increase in shedding that seemed to increase for a few weeks following the increase in dosage. I'm also shedding short hairs now

Should I give it longer or look into switching to dustasteride?

As far as sides go, I had phases of sides in the first month but have been completely fine since. I think maybe the initial period was my body adjusting to the drug

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re not even on the full 1mg dose yet and haven’t been on it for even a year. Give it more time before jumping the gun onto an even more serious treatment like Dutasteride.

Goodluck