7 Months On Minoxidil (just Added Finasteride)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my own experience. I think you'll continue to see impressive results. Previously when I started using minoxidil, my best results were around the 8th month..so, I think that's something you should look forward to :D

Hmm..that makes me wonder, why would you be into Finasteride when females have better alternatives like Spirono and estrogel?

wow, i hope you are right I would love to see more improvement.
I just finished month 4 and i am going into month 5.

Oral spironolactone for women does not seem to be as effective as oral finasteride for men.
But its the only thing in USA we have orally.

Also oral spironolactone for me personally was annoying because it interfered negatively with my monthly cycle--so i would have to add birth control pills if i go back on it--something i don't want to really do if I can avoid.

I am on topical spironolactone and estrodial--but i can't tell if my positive results are from this or the minoxidil.

I still shed a lot of long hairs BUT the short hairs shedding is much much better. so this is good.

Basically i know i stimulated growth but I dont know if i am fighting DHT well.

I also use Keto shampoo.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is the same for me... But I am not sure shedding long hair is normal... I still think I shed too much.

I don't know either i cannot get a straight answer when i ask Doctors.

In shower i shed like 50 long hairs each time..not including brushing and shedding rest of day

Im glad it is not much short/new hairs but still freaks me out because i dont know if DHT is doing this.

This is why i feel desperate and i may just try the PRP/Acell treatment to see if i can reduce shedding.

Was really waiting to see if Brotzu had come out this year but did not.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel Ya :)

I shed more on the brushing than on the washings. It also depends if I have whash my hair everyday or not.
Since I am on spironolactone and CA my shedd has dropped from 400+ to 100+. It was also an adjustment because I had ET from dropping Diane 35. But to me it is still too much. I also am veryy sensitive to environment and seasonal shedd. I am taking magnesium for that, It is supposed to help.

I am curious about PRP and Acell. I will ask my derm, he did a study on PRP. But I am short on money, so...

i am still open to eventually adding oral spironolactone i want to decide by end of the year.

I am probably am shedding like 100-200 hairs a day most likely. It seems like a lot to me but it may be trauma of hair loss to be paranoid when we see it shed. 'there goes another one-come back!--DONT GO! I NEED YOU"

did your Dr say he thought PRP was effective from his study?

I have a choice between two Drs and there opinions

I can do PRP+ACELL 2x this year OR i can do PRP alone about 6x this year.

the cost winds up comparable.

The theory my Dr told me with the ACELL is it helps to repair the muscle of the follicle that gets damaged from DHT.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know because I have not asked him yet. I will ask and tell you.

About spironolactone, I a only on 100mg... I don't think it is doing a lot, but my derm is not hot to give me more. CA works to slow things but it comes with a lot of consequences on weight, fatigue, mood, skin, etc. :( nothing great

yeah i dread those side effects and others. (O)'s

Last edited:

YazDeAce

Reaction score
wow, i hope you are right I would love to see more improvement.
I just finished month 4 and i am going into month 5.

Oral spironolactone for women does not seem to be as effective as oral finasteride for men.
But its the only thing in USA we have orally.

Also oral spironolactone for me personally was annoying because it interfered negatively with my monthly cycle--so i would have to add birth control pills if i go back on it--something i don't want to really do if I can avoid.

I am on topical spironolactone and estrodial--but i can't tell if my positive results are from this or the minoxidil.

I still shed a lot of long hairs BUT the short hairs shedding is much much better. so this is good.

Basically i know i stimulated growth but I dont know if i am fighting DHT well.

I also use Keto shampoo.

Well, 4 months is a so short period to see spectacular results from Minoxidil. I think they start gradually from the third one and by 6th or 8th you get the amazing ones (at least that's what happened to me 3 times). I checked once and found a topica spirono for sale in Egypt. Sadly, it's not available anymore, else I'd have considered adding that to my regimen. I keep feeling fuzz around where it used to be totally bald, but I am not sure if that'll ever grow into real thick hair..one can only hope.

I hope you get the results you're looking for tho, Best luck to you and all the other ladies fighting hair loss ^^

YazDeAce

Reaction score
10 months minoxidil, 3 months on Finasteride, and 2 months on 2% keto.
The results are unbelievable so far !. People finally started telling me that I've hair. (The picture without flash, it use to be totally bald up there).

Now, I've a question that really worries me..I cannot find local 1 mg Finasteride anymore. Since the economical crisis happened in Egypt, many medical and non-medical companies stopped some of their productions. There's only 5 mg finasteride and Dutasteride. To be honest, it took me a lot to take the leap and get on 1 mg finasteride..Is it safe to take 5 mg finasteride and split it into 4 pills? is it effective as well?

Attachments

• 20170328_115500.jpg
    20170328_115500.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 604
  • 20170328_115507.jpg
    20170328_115507.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 622
  • indexhair.jpg
    indexhair.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 663

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair loss has definitely been stopped in its tracks, and you can tell that new hairs have sprouted because there are more hairs on your head. Congrats! And i imagine that the new hairs that come in a few months will be even thicker. Just gotta let them brew for a while. Make sure you eat healthy and exercise so that the nutrients can get delivered to your follicles via your blood flow!

You should consider adding a derma roller to your regime, i've been reading really good things about them when they're combined with minoxidil. They're basically a micro-needling thing that your run over your head. It pricks little holes into the skin on your scalp and the idea is that it promotes regeneration in the cells. It will accelerate the process. Have a google!
Read this: https://tophairlosstreatments.com/derma-roller-for-hair-loss/

Also they're really cheap. I just bought one off ebay for like 3 bucks.

YazDeAce

Reaction score
Your hair loss has definitely been stopped in its tracks, and you can tell that new hairs have sprouted because there are more hairs on your head. Congrats! And i imagine that the new hairs that come in a few months will be even thicker. Just gotta let them brew for a while. Make sure you eat healthy and exercise so that the nutrients can get delivered to your follicles via your blood flow!

You should consider adding a derma roller to your regime, i've been reading really good things about them when they're combined with minoxidil. They're basically a micro-needling thing that your run over your head. It pricks little holes into the skin on your scalp and the idea is that it promotes regeneration in the cells. It will accelerate the process. Have a google!
Read this: https://tophairlosstreatments.com/derma-roller-for-hair-loss/

Also they're really cheap. I just bought one off ebay for like 3 bucks.
Thank you!, I am looking forward to trying a derma-roller since I was an acne sufferer and would love to use it for my skin if possible.

Anyway, I'd love to show everyone comparison pictures (before treatment and after 11 months min + 4 months on finasteride results).

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 607
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 596

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're having really good results so far. Finasteride from I've read seems to hit its peak around the 2 year mark so in cunjuction with the minoxidil you'll be looking at a huge turn around, hopefully you'll be full headed. Best of luck to you.

YazDeAce

Reaction score
You're having really good results so far. Finasteride from I've read seems to hit its peak around the 2 year mark so in cunjuction with the minoxidil you'll be looking at a huge turn around, hopefully you'll be full headed. Best of luck to you.
Yeah, I believe Finateride didn't start taking effect yet and it's all minoxidil since I am almost 1 year on it. I'd give finasteride at least 6-8 months before I can judge if it's working or not. Though, in my case I think it'd work by stopping further hairloss.
Thank you for your kind wishes tho ^^

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I adore this thread very much! I also think you have a massive regrowth which could extend in a good way! Keep us informed. I guess with your actual treatment and a descent hair transplant you ll get back a full head.

Good look to you!