7 months good hairline regrowth with pics (finasteride, drinking minoxidil, mk677)

TestTubeBaby

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not safe. Idiots do it. These lot are gonna die early lmao
Oral minoxidil is dangerous. ''Drinking'' it does not make it any more dangerous if you take it in amounts which are similar to the dosage usually prescribed by hair surgeons.

0.1ml of solution has 5mg minoxidil in it. Other ingredients in it are safe for consumption in amounts that are so low. People make it more dangerous by taking ridiculous amounts. Imagine getting a prescription for 5mg pills but you end up taking 4 a day.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just take a diuretic
At what expense and end to this madness, countering side affects with more medication for the most part is more trouble than its worth. I care about my Kidneys for the long term :confused: and so should everyone. For OP I recommend dropping the MK677 to 5mg as this still yields the same hgh secretion but lowers the IGF-1 increase and possibility of insulin sensitivity which in turn makes a significant drop in possible water retention.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At what expense and end to this madness, countering side affects with more medication for the most part is more trouble than its worth. I care about my Kidneys for the long term :confused: and so should everyone. For OP I recommend dropping the MK677 to 5mg as this still yields the same hgh secretion but lowers the IGF-1 increase and possibility of insulin sensitivity which in turn makes a significant drop in possible water retention.
Diuretics are commonly prescribed with minoxidil. Also OP is taking MK for the increased IGF-1, HGH isn't gonna do anything for hair.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just let these idiots kill themselves lol

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diuretics are commonly prescribed with minoxidil. Also OP is taking MK for the increased IGF-1, HGH isn't gonna do anything for hair.
You still get plenty igf-1 increase but not so much as to screw yourself with insulin problems for life, we need to think in the long term when using these things and adding to the arsenal.

I am all for combination therapy and trying new things, but our health needs to be at the forefront.

FAGA

My Regimen
Reaction score
mounths ago i tried to drink minoxidil, and had the same statement as yours stomach acid could destroy most of it so i took some magnesiun pill dismantle it and put some liquid minoxidil inside, i tried it for a mounth had a big hair shed arms hair grew a lot longer beard was thick af, then shedding completely stopped , after that i stopped doing that ghetto MNX pill and started to drink it (0,5ml) felt it was working had few side effect, kept doing that for 4 mounths since then usual shedding came back ,so im not sure what to think but heres my experience with it .
Dec 2019 i started using minoxidil but after 6 months i realized it didnt work. So i got prescribed finasteride 1.25mg daily on may 1st and took that for 4 months until i hit a shed and i started 2nd guessing and was really worried if it was working or not and if that shed was the end of it or the expected shed. I wanted to do more so i started 15mg of mk677 daily.

I also started drinking liquid minoxidil daily since i was a non responder to topical and i couldnt get my hands on the pill. I read that your stomach would destroy most of the minoxidil so i decided i should take more than the recommended pill dose to actually get an effect. I had no idea how much tho so i started at 10mg and went up to 50mg where i am now with no side effects. Im not sure if the titration was a good thing to get my body ready or if i coulda just started at 50mg off the bat but either way what i did works. I know its working and not just the finasteride kicking in because i am getting lots of body hair growth where didnt before like now my eyebrows are connected to my hair line with sparse but noticable hairs (i have to shave it lol). Also i tried to take 100mg (50mg morning and night) but my feet and face started swelling alot. I stopped min for 2 days and went back to 50mg and the swelling went away so i think this is the best dose for me. Im 6'3 180 pounds for size reference so maybe thats something a lighter person might keep in mind if you wanna copy my dose.

Overall im happy with the results and i feel like i gained alot of ground. Maybe it was the lighting or something but i noticed i lost some ground from dec 1 to jan 1 so i am switching from finasteride to dutasteride and i also added 3ml oral castor oil to my regimin, and started microneedling.

I have diffuse thinning and retrograde alopeica also and i honestly cant tell if thats getting better or not and i haven't taken many progress pics of that (its hard without anshaved head tbh) but hopefully with the growth agonists i have it will improve.

Anyway here are the pics:
I have 3 convieniently placed moles to reference. Sorry about the different lighting and angles but i wasnt really concerned about that when i should have been lol. First 2 pics are day 1 starting finasteride. Next 3 are 4 months later starting mk677 and drinking minoxidil. Next 3 are 3 months later.

I have alot more pictures but i thought these showed the best comparison. Lmk if you wanna see more though

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mounths ago i tried to drink minoxidil, and had the same statement as yours stomach acid could destroy most of it so i took some magnesiun pill dismantle it and put some liquid minoxidil inside, i tried it for a mounth had a big hair shed arms hair grew a lot longer beard was thick af, then shedding completely stopped , after that i stopped doing that ghetto MNX pill and started to drink it (0,5ml) felt it was working had few side effect, kept doing that for 4 mounths since then usual shedding came back ,so im not sure what to think but heres my experience with it .
Cyclical shedding is pretty normal on stuff like this imo, have had many sheds over the course of my use of oral MNX (3.5 years) and still above baseline. TBH I prefer capsulising topical MNX as the purity is assured by USP/BP/EP standards unlike the questionable manufacturing standards of Thai or IP oral MNX pills. Used to be able to get USP MNX pills manufactured by MSD for a reasonable price but the pharmacy was closed down a few years ago..

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, but 50 mg of oral minoxidil is too much and can be dangerous, most studies report that 5 mg is enough to get good results.

I'm drinking "only" 3 drops (6 mg) of minoxidil and a teaspoon of castor oil every morning and it works. I also don't respond to topical minoxidil.

Don't you get headaches and tachycardia with that high dosage?
A teaspoon of castor oil every morning? Any side effects or laxative effects?

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A teaspoon of castor oil every morning? Any side effects or laxative effects?

I did have a bit, nothing major. Some days I even toke a teaspon in the morning and other in the evening.

Now, I'm just taking half a teaspoon (around 2 mL) of oral castor oil every morning without any problems. This seems to be the recommended dosage for best results without laxative effects.

I also reduced my oral minoxidil dosage to just 1 drop of liquid (around 2 mg) every morning. With 3 drops, I woke up with puffy eyes from water retention very often.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did have a bit, nothing major. Some days I even toke a teaspon in the morning and other in the evening.

Now, I'm just taking half a teaspoon (around 2 mL) of oral castor oil every morning without any problems. This seems to be the recommended dosage for best results without laxative effects.

I also reduced my oral minoxidil dosage to just 1 drop of liquid (around 2 mg) every morning. With 3 drops, I woke up with puffy eyes from water retention very often.
What kind male pattern baldness do you have and how are the results? Any pics?

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind male pattern baldness do you have and how are the results? Any pics?

I'm a NW5, the only results I got so far from my current regimen are tiny vellus hairs all over my scalp, if they thicken up I'll become NW2 and post photos for sure.

My current regimen is very complete (only started on January 1), I think that it'll work for most people.

Morning

1) 1.25 mg of oral finasteride 3 days a week
2) 1 drop of minoxidil orally (2 mg) on my tongue - I got puffy eyes when used 3 drops
3) 1 mL of minoxidil topically (every 60 mL bottle of minoxidil also contains 15 mg of finasteride pills dissolved)
4) Half teaspoon (around 2 mL) of oral castor oil

Night

1) 2-3 days a week I use tretinoin cream at night combined with Azelac lotion (contains azelaic and salicylic acid), while for the rest of the days I use 1 mL of 2 % topical ketoconazol lotion (Tedol lotion, not shampoo)
2) 10 mg of cetirizine orally (for my sinusitis but can also help with hairloss)

Extra

1) I also microneedle with a derma-stamp at 1-1.5 mm every Sunday night and get pinpoint bleeding, but will change the frequency to every two weeks (just like Follica's protocol). I apply diclofenac (numbing cream) before each session and apply betadine after.

2) I massage my head (top and sides) at night while watching TV. The massage of the sides is to relax the muscles attached to the galea, while the massage of the top is to squeeze sebum out of the pores.

3) I wash my head twice a day (before applying topicals) with warm/hot water and a good anti-dandruff shampoo for men (with piroctone olamine).

Without treatment my scalp gets extremely oily with dandruff. Notice that sebum production is regulated and increased by androgens.

The logic of this regimen is to adopt a broad approach, but at the same time using minimal dosages of each drug to avoid side effects.

I'm convinced that it's working, my scalp is producing a lot less sebum and the tiny vellus hairs appearing on previously completely bald areas are promising.

Last edited:

SnortingFinasteride

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, i didn't find any info regarding if "Loniten" tablets are film-coated, so i would guess that the minoxidil in the tablet form does interact with stomach acids, yet it still works fine in prescribed dosages for hairloss (0.25 mg- 5 mg).

Judging by this info, if you were to start drinking liquid minoxidil, then all you have to do is measure the quantity with the droplet, mix the minoxidil solution in a little water, and have at it. No need to self-prescribe dangerous doses of 50 - 100mg because you "think" it gets destroyed by the stomach..

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, i didn't find any info regarding if "Loniten" tablets are film-coated, so i would guess that the minoxidil in the tablet form does interact with stomach acids, yet it still works fine in prescribed dosages for hairloss (0.25 mg- 5 mg).

Judging by this info, if you were to start drinking liquid minoxidil, then all you have to do is measure the quantity with the droplet, mix the minoxidil solution in a little water, and have at it. No need to self-prescribe dangerous doses of 50 - 100mg because you "think" it gets destroyed by the stomach..

Indeed. I was getting water retention just from putting 3 drops (6 mg) of liquid minoxidil directly on my tongue. We definitely don't need huge amounts for it to have an effect. Since I'm also using minoxidil topically every morning, I think that one drop orally is enough to get results without side effects.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a NW5, the only results I got so far from my current regimen are tiny vellus hairs all over my scalp, if they thicken up I'll become NW2 and post photos for sure.

My current regimen is very complete (only started on January 1), I think that it'll work for most people.

Morning

2) 1 drop of minoxidil orally (2 mg) on my tongue - I got puffy eyes when used 3 drops
3) 1 mL of minoxidil topically (every 60 mL bottle of minoxidil also contains 15 mg of finasteride pills dissolved)

Night

1) 2-3 days a week I use tretinoin cream at night combined with Azelac lotion (contains azelaic and salicylic acid), while for the rest of the days I use 1 mL of 2 % topical ketoconazol lotion (Tedol lotion, not shampoo)
2) 10 mg of cetirizine orally (for my sinusitis but can also help with hairloss)

Extra

1) I also microneedle with a derma-stamp at 1-1.5 mm every Sunday night and get pinpoint bleeding, but will change the frequency to every two weeks (just like Follica's protocol). I apply diclofenac (numbing cream) before each session and apply betadine after.

2) I massage my head (top and sides) at night while watching TV. The massage of the sides is to relax the muscles attached to the galea, while the massage of the top is to squeeze sebum out of the pores.

3) I wash my head twice a day (before applying topicals) with warm/hot water and a good anti-dandruff shampoo for men (with piroctone olamine).

Without treatment my scalp gets extremely oily with dandruff. Notice that sebum production is regulated and increased by androgens.

The logic of this regimen is to adopt a broad approach, but at the same time using minimal dosages of each drug to avoid side effects.

I'm convinced that it's working, my scalp is producing a lot less sebum and the tiny vellus hairs appearing on previously completely bald areas are promising.
@LITUATUI
Please would you help me, I have extremely oily scalp as well.
I tried everything nothing worked for me. The only thing that seems to have a little relief is Keto.
Would you please share in details what the most beneficial treatments for Extreme Oily Scalp.
I only take Saw Palmetto, Ginko Bilboa, EPO Oils and Oral Castor oil.

Do your recommend using this Azelac lotion. Also how do you get the tretinoin lotion ?

Thanks for the support

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210220-212441_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210220-212441_Chrome.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@LITUATUI
I tried everything nothing worked for me. The only thing that seems to have a little relief is Keto.
Would you please share in details what the most beneficial treatments for Extreme Oily Scalp.
Thanks for the support

From my regimen, the things that helped the most to reduce oil and dandruff are the following:

1. Washing my head twice a day with H&S anti-dandruff shampoo for men (it has piroctone olamine) before applying topicals

2. Tretinoin cream (Ketrel 0.05%) combined with Azelac lotion 2-3 days a week at night

3. Ketoconazole lotion (2% Tedol) in the nights that I don't use the tretinoin/azelac combo

4. Ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting, since high sugar levels increases inflammation

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Morning

Night

Extra

@LITUATUI
From my regimen, the things that helped the most to reduce oil and dandruff are the following:

1. Washing my head twice a day with H&S anti-dandruff shampoo for men (it has piroctone olamine) before applying topicals

2. Tretinoin cream (Ketrel 0.05%) combined with Azelac lotion 2-3 days a week at night

3. Ketoconazole lotion (2% Tedol) in the nights that I don't use the tretinoin/azelac combo

4. Ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting, since high sugar levels increases inflammation
Thanks for sharing, really appreciated

Do I need a prescription for the KETREL 0.05% TRETINOIN CREAM is there any otc website

I saw the pricing of the cream is very high

Thanks again

Last edited:

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In Portugal the tretinoin cream costs around 4 euros for a 30 g tube. Online is much more expensive, 2 tubes cost around 23 euros.

But look for Azelac lotion, the 100 mL bottle is quite affordable and if you use 1 mL every night it will last 100 days.

Anyway, the H&S anti-dandruff shampoo for men is very cheap and you can buy it at your local supermarket. It's the most important thing to add to your regimen.