7 months 10 days update

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members,
I thought I would wait till 12 months mark to post additional pictures. I got my wife to take some pictures outside my house in sunlight. I believe I have made some progress. I used to comb my backwards. But looks like I get better coverage with hairs combed forward (I need to get a haircut to trim the hairs in the front before I comb my hair forward). Let me know what you guys think. Also I look better in sunlight than inside the house with flash. Is this true for anyone else?

Should I comb my hair forward or backward? Can I expect more from my 4000 grafts hair transplant? I do observe that I have lost some of my hairs in the front (where we didn't place any grafts). The pictures are posted in my website, http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/techprof/.

with regards,
techprof
(I have some additional pictures taken inside the house which show much more progress in the crown, but they are misleading in my wife's opinion)

G

techprof said:
Dear forum members,
I thought I would wait till 12 months mark to post additional pictures. I got my wife to take some pictures outside my house in sunlight. I believe I have made some progress. I used to comb my backwards. But looks like I get better coverage with hairs combed forward (I need to get a haircut to trim the hairs in the front before I comb my hair forward). Let me know what you guys think. Also I look better in sunlight than inside the house with flash. Is this true for anyone else?

Absolutely. The flash is incredibly harsh and will show scalp in people who don't even have hair loss from certain angles.

Should I comb my hair forward or backward? Can I expect more from my 4000 grafts hair transplant? I do observe that I have lost some of my hairs in the front (where we didn't place any grafts). The pictures are posted in my website, http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/techprof/.

with regards,
techprof
(I have some additional pictures taken inside the house which show much more progress in the crown, but they are misleading in my wife's opinion)

How do you feel your results are coming? You were an NW5 before if I remember correctly, and it looks like your hairline has moved forward a bit and your crown has filled in maybe 30% at the 8 month mark.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman, I am feeling better as of now, but I am hoping for more. When I visit forums many posters have all their hairs grown out in 4 months. I know that everyone is different and I am hopeful for better coverage in the next 4-5 months.

G

gotcha. why do you think you lost frontal hairs while on dutasteride?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman, I believe I am shedding due to foam or due to shockloss from the hair transplant. Also transplanted hairs behind the hairline make the hairline thinner IMO.

G

tech, you should not be experiencing any shockloss any longer at this point post-op. The meds can definitely affect the cycling of hair follicles so, IMO, your results will not be able to be completely evaluated until you get to one year or longer post-op. Hang in there my friend, waiting is the toughest part of it all. :x

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
techprof said:
Jayman, I believe I am shedding due to foam or due to shockloss from the hair transplant. Also transplanted hairs behind the hairline make the hairline thinner IMO.

could well be you have a big shed from foam,many people have or are since switching from liquid,me included.......but thats a good thing :)