7.5 months and hair is looking awful

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I will be somewhat chastized here for this post but anyway, I am at 7.5 months of proscar, I used to split it into 1/4 not I split it into 1/5, it is not really a problem for me to do so either. Anyway I am at 7.5 months and my hair looks awful, when I am at somewhat of a distance I can see my pattern my hair is going to take when I never used to be able to do such.I did buzz my head and now the hair is growing back just because that is not really my cup of tea quite yet. Anyway, I look at some others pictures, i.e. diddy and act10packt and I can see their results (although diddy's is at month 9). I have attempted to make a point of not posting up anything negative concerning my personal hair growth but I wanted to know if anyone at this point saw their hair look awful and then get better while using proscar? I am fully aware that one should not gauge their progress on others but I think I should have seen something at this point. I try to use nizarol but it often makes my head itch like crazy, so I only use it very little if at all and I use the 1%. My hair has continued to get worse than it ever has and I was wondering as I had said if anyone has seen good results after this general point when their hair has continually worsened.

Reaction score
I too am at 7.5 months on my proscar/min/nizoral regimen. I have only see worsening. Like you have mentioned I can see a pattern of loss on my I head I perviously had never seen before.

However I am confident that things will look up in the next coming months. It's all I can hope for.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It gets worse, it gets better, it gets worse again, and better again.

What matters is what comes out in the wash. How your hair looks at the end of the day, or more accurately, year.

Hopefully you took some baseline photos to keep perspective with and compare when you hit the 1 year mark. Chances are incredibly high that you wont see any negative progression, and may see some improvement.

But thats awhile from now. You're still only halfway to the first year. Still too soon.

HairLossTalk.com

teqeeler

Reaction score
all i can to you guys is to stay on your regiments even if you feel there not working, because if you get off them then it will be much much worse and will be downhill from there.
You could be just going through a shedding cycle, you cant tell if proscar will do anything until the 12th month mark anyways. I thought the same thing and got off of minoxidil and proscar and i regret it bigtime.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I appreciate it, just wondering at this point what my expectations should be for the fact when I started I did not see it as overly bad.

G

Yeah, it seems to me that I`m reading about more and more people for whom finasteride is not a successful drug. I`ve been on it for almost 11 months, and it made my hair worse, if only because it took me so long to seek other remedies, during which time it took it`s toll on my hair through shedding and simply not helping male pattern baldness. Finasteride seems to fail at least as many people as it helps, especially when side-effects are taken into account.

The people on this site don`t like to hear finasteride and minoxidil nay-saying, but not talking about it (I thought this was hairlosstalk.com, anyway) doesn`t affect the reality of the matter. There are definitely two sides to this story.