650-582 hair sheds in the bath/finasteride 3 months

ndubya

Reaction score
Well, I try not to count hairs, but it is tough when I see the bottom of the tub after I drain it. I have been on 1.1mg finasteride/1mg biotin for 3 months as of today. I started noticing a bunch of hairs in the tub after I drained it, about a month ago. 150 to 250 every time I bathed. 3 nights ago I counted and it was 650 hairs, tonight it was 582. I also showered both nights in between, so no count.
I know, ya'll say DON'T count, but that IS a lot of hairs. My hair is noticeable thinner all across the top and front from the first time I took one of these pills. I called my Doctor and he just said to give it a year. It's pretty tough to do when you see your hair diminish by the day. I will stick with it, though. Has anyone else lost this kind of numbers???????

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I am 45 yrs old and just started receding VERY Slowly about 10 yrs ago. Then it went into overdrive about a year ago.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
You take baths?

How do you even collect all of the hair that you lose?

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shave it mr. By the end of year your hair will grow back to make fair assesment. Best of luck stay positive.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in the 4 first months of starting finasteride, I was losing about 300-500 a shower.

after a year of finasteride my hair has grown back to what i had prior the sheds, stick in there

mmac22

Reaction score
Switch to Avodart. I used finasteride for 8 years and continued to lose my hair. About three months ago I switched to Avodart and within ONE WEEK my hair stopped falling out. I couldn't believe it and I was so annoyed with myself that I didn't switch years ago. Good luck!

ndubya

Reaction score
You take baths?
Yes, on the nights that I use Nizoral

How do you even collect all of the hair that you lose?
I lay a washrag over the drain. It drains slow, so most of the hairs settle on the bottom of the tub.

- - - Updated - - -

shave it mr. By the end of year your hair will grow back to make fair assesment. Best of luck stay positive.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

in the 4 first months of starting finasteride, I was losing about 300-500 a shower.

after a year of finasteride my hair has grown back to what i had prior the sheds, stick in there

Thanks, I was hoping for a reply like this. I am going to stick with it. I appreciate the reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Switch to Avodart. I used finasteride for 8 years and continued to lose my hair. About three months ago I switched to Avodart and within ONE WEEK my hair stopped falling out. I couldn't believe it and I was so annoyed with myself that I didn't switch years ago. Good luck!

Glad to hear you found something that works for you. I'm sure that was very frustrating. I am going to give finasteride at least a year before I give up on it.

ndubya

Reaction score
607 hairs in the tub, night before last. I did take a bath the night before that, without touching my hair. I didn't even wet it. The next day there was about 115 hairs in the tub. So these 115 are all body hair. Just a heads up.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Have you been confusing your body hair with your head hair? Damn how long is your body hair? And how much do you have?

michael7777

Reaction score
how long does it take you to count all the hairs ? and whats the point counting the exact number of hairs ? and you count the body hair you lose , ive heard it all now

ndubya

Reaction score
Have you been confusing your body hair with your head hair? Damn how long is your body hair? And how much do you have?

I'm not hairy at all, bodywise. Very few on my chest and almost none on my back. I had shaved my head to about a 6 guard. My arm hairs are probably a little longer than that

- - - Updated - - -

how long does it take you to count all the hairs ? and whats the point counting the exact number of hairs ? and you count the body hair you lose , ive heard it all now

5 mins. No point really, just to kind of get an average. I was curious to see how many of them were body hair instead of head hair. So, I bathed without washing my hair. Thought it might help someone else that was frustrated with the amout of hair they see in the drain, realize that a bunch of them are probably body hair.
but thanks anyways for the reply.

ndubya

Reaction score
Ok, well my last 2 counts were 712 and 598. My hair doesn't look too much worse than it did a week ago. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

ndubya

Reaction score
I just counted the results from a couple of Nights ago. 313 hairs, BUT, I must say, My hair doesn't look any worse than it did a couple of weeks ago.
hmmmmm?

nikko

Reaction score
Man stop counting the hairs you shed, it s not good for you. it is normal. Ride it out and it will be fine...hopefully.

ndubya

Reaction score
10-27 278 hairs
10-29 360 hairs
11-1 350 hairs
11-3 188 hairs
11-4 320 hairs
11-9 340 hairs
And I assume that I lose the same amount every night in between when I shower.
Anyways, my hair looks a little worse than it did at the beginning.
Fingers crossed that it will turn around!!!!!
Thanks for listening.

ndubya

Reaction score
696 from my last bath and numerous showers in between, so I would think the losses would be close to the same on those nights.
I'm not trying to be negative, but man this is tough.
I'm exactly 4 months in on finasteride, and my hair has deteriated A LOT.
Very frustrating, but I will stick it out until at least a year.
There is NO knew hairs growing and it gets thinner by the day.
Receding hairline continues to move back and towards the top center of my scalp.
I WANT TO CRY, but yet I keep holding on to the promise of stopping this BS and regrowing some of what I lost!!!!
So anyways, for you guys that frett over losing 20 or 30 hairs a night, ya'll are seriously blessed compared to me. I hope you never have to look down and see 600 or 700 hairs (laying there dead in the bottom of the tub) because it WILL be a SHOCKER. TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ndubya

Reaction score
376 tonight. I started just counting big hairs, no vellus.
Hair looks decent tonight, it just depends on the day. Last night it looked REALLY BAD.
:/ Carry-on!!

ndubya

Reaction score
200 to 300 hairs has been the norm for the last few months. Last night was 1032 and tonight wad 570. Pretty dissapointing to say the least. Seems as if this finasteride has kicked my hairloss into overdrive. :/

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
That seems like a helluva lot of hair. Got any pics to show us?