6 years, still norwood 1.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes, it's true. i was looking at a pic 5 years back (man, looked so thick) but it was still the same hair line....u could tell i was loosing hair. However, i am a diffuser and so u can see the horse shoe pattern under certain lights (but i cut my hair shorter on the sides so it is undetectable) I attribute 60 percent of the hair loss i've had to frequent out of control seborrhea. anyway, i just wanted to point out that i think diffuse male pattern baldness is better in a 7 to 8 year term, since u can still pull off a natural hair line and amount on top. Norwood after 4 or 5 years gets too noticable that u are going bald. however, probably after that 8 year mark us diffusers are screwed...i see some guys who have it bad and i'm like ....ahh, that's me in another 4 or 5 yrs. anyway...any comments, opinions???

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
good post, gives me hope.

Now if I can just fill in that damned line at the back of my head.

:(

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I ask you a finasteride question jimmystanley? How did you arrive at 0.3mg? I'm about to start finasteride and I'm not sure about dosage. I was planning to start with 1mg / day and then adjust this depending on how I was going.
Can I ask what you did? How you experimented, how you adjusted the dose?

Cheers.

(Glad it's worked out so well!)

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, ...side effects were bumming me out, so i lowerd it to .5 mgs....then after a month i started cutting the 1mg pills into thirds.... .333333 mgs... but some is lost in powder. so it's not exact.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, i agree, i cringe when i see full blown diffused thinners walking around. i'm 26, and think to myself (that'll be me in next year). of course, i've been saying this every year for the past 3 or 4 years. i'm a Norwood 1.5, with noticeable baseball sized thinning on top. i think i'd look into aggressive methods of hair transplant or completely shave my head before i walk around with just thin hairs all over top.