6 years finasteride 3months dutasteride. 3HT. But now its strange.

Georgi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Maybe you can help me as i am super confused.

I took finasteride for maybe 6 years. I always did shed around 100 to 150 hairs a day. Mostly longer hairs. Visually I did never lose ground tho. (I have had 3 hair transplant for my front mainly so i just care for my backside)
This year i was scared and decided to take dutasteride into my regime. I took .5 dutasteride once a week. The next maybe 1 month nothing happend (i know it takes up to 1 year) but Indecided to take dutasteride twice a week.

Everything was fine. After around 2 months my sheeding got less. All the hair i shed now are smaller hairs(thats maybe a bad sign i guess)
But recently i thought my hair got thinner....it took me some days until i realized that the hair got greasy and oily faster. Usually i did wash my hair every 3 days.... Now i have
to wash them everyday.... They get greasy and look thinner.....

And thats strange... Since dutasteride, like finasteride as well, should make the hair and skin dry... But the opposite is happening...

I have been reading a lot and all the side effekts are testicle pains and ED and this stuff.... Everything is logically on a drug like dutasteride.(sides can happen or not...everyone knows) but the fact that its the opposit of what should happen makes me mad. Its a sign that my dht rises? And even if i take dutasteride out, finasteride might not work as good as before right?

I could not find anyone in anyforum with oily and greasy hair on dutasteride or finasteride anyone any idea or experience ?
What are your thoughts? Its a reflex? Are they real? If its a reflex i am lost?

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Maybe you can help me as i am super confused.

I took finasteride for maybe 6 years. I always did shed around 100 to 150 hairs a day. Mostly longer hairs. Visually I did never lose ground tho. (I have had 3 hair transplant for my front mainly so i just care for my backside)
This year i was scared and decided to take dutasteride into my regime. I took .5 dutasteride once a week. The next maybe 1 month nothing happend (i know it takes up to 1 year) but Indecided to take dutasteride twice a week.

Everything was fine. After around 2 months my sheeding got less. All the hair i shed now are smaller hairs(thats maybe a bad sign i guess)
But recently i thought my hair got thinner....it took me some days until i realized that the hair got greasy and oily faster. Usually i did wash my hair every 3 days.... Now i have
to wash them everyday.... They get greasy and look thinner.....

And thats strange... Since dutasteride, like finasteride as well, should make the hair and skin dry... But the opposite is happening...

I have been reading a lot and all the side effekts are testicle pains and ED and this stuff.... Everything is logically on a drug like dutasteride.(sides can happen or not...everyone knows) but the fact that its the opposit of what should happen makes me mad. Its a sign that my dht rises? And even if i take dutasteride out, finasteride might not work as good as before right?

I could not find anyone in anyforum with oily and greasy hair on dutasteride or finasteride anyone any idea or experience ?
What are your thoughts? Its a reflex? Are they real? If its a reflex i am lost?
Increased shedding along with oily scalp can be reflex hyperandrogenicity. Other symptoms to look out for are increased acne as well as an increased libido.

Georgi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought so too.... But right now i dont habe an increased shedding... But scared that this is gonna be the next step...

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought so too.... But right now i dont habe an increased shedding... But scared that this is gonna be the next step...
So as long as there is no shedding then your likely ok. Be mindful of it though. How many hairs do you see on your hands when lather in shampoo?

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Increased shedding along with oily scalp can be reflex hyperandrogenicity. Other symptoms to look out for are increased acne as well as an increased libido.
Couldn’t this be attributed to the increased testosterone instead of increased DHT necessarily?

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn’t this be attributed to the increased testosterone instead of increased DHT necessarily?
Yes possibly, but technically All finasteride users have an increaze in free test , which in turn should give everyone and increase in those symptoms. My guess is that dht, which is a derivative of test is what our receptors notice as more absent.. therefore the receptors upregulate and become more sensitive to the remaining dht in the system which results in these symptoms.

Georgi

My Regimen
Reaction score
If i wash my hair with shampoo i lose around 40 hairs. Its not too bad i guess.