6 years and still have hair MBP NW7..... please read pic

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
This is gonna be kind of long and i'll try to keep it simple. i'm latino and my english is not the greatest so bare with me please
i'm taking my time to write this and give hopes to people that are feeling like is the end of the word just like i did 6 years ago, i'm a long timer in this site but i haven posted like for 2 years now. why i haven't return? well because my hair loss has been going great and still maintaining the hair that i grew.

here is my story, my hairloss started way before 6 years (receding temple), but i really notice hairloss 6 years ago (i was 21) when i started pulling my frontal hair and a lot was coming out, i really didn't think much of it since when u are young and have full set of hair u never think that baldness could happen to you. after that it started to come out like crazy from the temple and mid to front frontal. then in the vertez and crown. i was freaking out for about a year, i had loss so much hair that i was nervous all the time because u cannot believe that something like this is happening to you. i started researching and that's when i found this site. i started with rogaine for a few day but gave me bad flake and was loosing a lot of hair so i stopped it. my barber was telling to use something weird they were selling (yeah i got rip off) i bought and used it, guess what? i still was getting worst. after reading more on this site i found that if i was gonna use minoxidil i have to control the flakes with shampoo like nizoral, that's when i started, stilll was getting alot of flakes but it was manageable.

3 month using minoxidil, i went to my barber and notice how strong was my hair, he actually shaved my forehead because i had hair growing all over my face. my hair looked so thick and i thought i was cured. i was so happy from 3-6 months without having no shed and only new hair growing with minoxidil alone. after the 6 month everything when down the hill and my hair wasn't growing back, that' s when i added finasterided (prosca cut in 4 x 1.25mg)i started using it, it did stop my hair loss.

after adding finasteride i started reaseaching for best regrow, i added 15% minoxidil from DR lee. it was to greesy and after using an entire bottle i can say that i did not get better, i had to cut on kirkland minoxidil and use 5% dr lee regular minoxidil which has more alcohol and dryed faster. i also tried tricoming (no luck with that) and spironolactone (no luck with this either) my hair has been on and off, ill say 6 month in growing state and 6 month in bad state. i also added some pill like green tea, l-arginy and msm (which i'm still taking) after noticing that finastided wasn't doing anything only making my hair worst i stopped using and switch to dutasteride. my hair became much better and still much better after the switch, i have been using dutasteride for about 2 1/2 years together with minoxidil and my hair look great, i still lose hair but i'm still growing. last thing i added was rogaine foam which was much better for me because it dried so fast and don't get any flakes at all.

my current regimen
2x rogaine foam
1x dutasteride
3x week nizora
2x green tea
3x 1500mg msm
2x 1000 l-argini

here is my pic, sorry is only with a webcam and u cannot see the light very well, but it will give u an idea how great my hair looks, true i do not have a thick hair line but i haven't heard comments on my hair for the past 3 years now, in fact people are surprise to see my hairline and usually talks to me looking at it. i know they are thinking if is real or not because i have much more hair that what i had 3 years ago but is all real.

me2.jpg
m3.jpg

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
good story.... thanks for sharing.

Hair looks great !!!

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Fuk man....it seems every other person has a success story except me. You my friend have no fukin hairloss so get the hell off these forums and get a life.

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
vipergts said:
Fuk man....it seems every other person has a success story except me. You my friend have no fukin hairloss so get the hell off these forums and get a life.

what's the problem, your hairloss degree and regimen, maybe i can help you.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks man....sorry if I sounded like an a-hole.....I have been fighting this battle since 2000 and losing badly :-(

To sum up I have been using minoxidil (lee's xandrox) for 8 years along with nizoral, Tgel and Tricomin....loss has continued throughout and went insane in 2006 when I introduced Propecia as a last resort. I stayed with finasteride for 1 year (since everyone told me to) and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I lost HALF my density in the crown and temples receded 1 level on norwood scale. I concluded finasteride is NOT for me ...this was SO disheartening, since it's truly a miracle drug for many. As everyday is passing I am losing more and more. No matter what, each shower I lose between 50-200 hairs. My crown feels weak; hair comes out all the time; the root feels so damn weak and has no traction at all. I am truly lost. Sometimes I just want to quit and other times my sheer will power tells me to fight on.... I TRULY BELIEVE THAT THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT COULD HELP ME....so I continue to try new treatments. So far NOTHING has regrown and NOTHING has slowed down the shedding.

Now I have added PROX-N and am waiting to see how it fares. The only big thing I have not tried is dutasteride, the key reason being that 90 percent of people on tihs forum say that it did nothing for them and instead destroyed their hairlines. As you can see my battle with hairloss is NO SUCCESS STORY....it's a friggin nightmare with no end in sight. All I want to do is STOP EXCESSIVE SHEDDING and MAKE MY SCALP FEEL HEALTHY. I don't even want to grown new hair...JUST WANT DAMN MAINTENENCE....is that too much to ask?

eduardmc said:
vipergts said:

what's the problem, your hairloss degree and regimen, maybe i can help you.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Any before pics eduardmc? I would be curious to see :)

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Any before pics eduardmc? I would be curious to see :)

sorry, i don't believe i have any pic because i hated it. my hairloss was so bad that i was afraid to go out. my life was only work and home i know is not suppost to be that way but when u live in a society that notice how u look, hairloss is pretty depressing. but i could tell u taht the first 3 years i went by using "DERMMATCH". i'm not sure if they still sell it cause i haven't bought any and still have 75% of it left. this thing makes your hair look excellent and the only way to get rid of it is with shampoo. u can swing, it can rain, people can touch it and it feels real. but after my hairgrow progress was acepteable i stopped using it. i might need it if things goes bad again but for now my hair looks just fine, my hair is not thick or fulllest like i had it when i was a kid but maybe i can manage with the hair i have grown until i'm older and hairloss is more accepteable to my age.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why is NW7 in the title of this thread? No way this guy was ever anywhere near that.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, great results. Do you mind me asking whether or not you have had side-effects from using dutasteride?

Thanks and best of luck.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Why is NW7 in the title of this thread? No way this guy was ever anywhere near that.

Yeah I think he ment NW1.5 not NW7. No one comes back from the dead from a NW7 :shock:

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
The story is great, I think that your before picture you have amazing hair to begin with. Looks like a NW0 to me, if you can find better before pics, and please keep us updated with your results.

thanks

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
Stu85 said:
Hi there, great results. Do you mind me asking whether or not you have had side-effects from using dutasteride?

Thanks and best of luck.

no side effect that i know off, i had a hard time with erection but this was after a month on finasteride, the effect continue with dutasteride but after adding l-arginy and now taking protein (whey), a good nutrient diet (no greesy food) i'm back to normal.

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
purecontrol said:
The story is great, I think that your before picture you have amazing hair to begin with. Looks like a NW0 to me, if you can find better before pics, and please keep us updated with your results.

thanks

i never posted before picture, i posted actual picture a few weeks ago and how everything is goiing, sorry but no before picture, i explained this before. but thanx

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

yes this title is NW7 due to the fact that my MBP was thinning NW7 style, in light condition (before i started treatment) u were able to see, my receding temples, frontal vertex, and crown. The line where thick hair on the side looked and the thin line where all the thinner hair beginned on top of my head. so i was actually thinning to become a NW7. my hair still thinner on top but hardly noticeable now.