6 weeks on finasteride

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
NW2, started taking 0.8-1 mg 15th of February, just wanted to post a small report for people who are about to start.

Shedded for the first 5 weeks. I was shedding long, full-grown hairs only (not a single vellus hair).
On 6th week as if someone cut with a knife -- shedding stopped overnight. No matter how much I pull, no hairs in my hands. But still waiting for the regrowth.

I have noticed slightly diminished libido (psychologically, in term of being turned on), but no changes in erection, still able to cut glass with my instrument, except for absent nightly erections, which are coming back now. Also feel a little tired from time to time, but no other sides.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
cheers for the write-up drgs, I recommend taking baseline photos (if you haven't already) and keeping tabs on growth by taking photos of affected areas regularly enough (1 month, 2 months etc). You can share them with us if you like - it's a nice way to get some encouragement from similar sufferers and also to keep track of your progress in an easy to manage format - but mostly it's just important to keep the record for yourself!

all the best.