6 Weeks In On Propecia, Experiencing Sides. Need Advice.

FellaUncut

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started taking finasteride 6 weeks ago.
Pros:
shedding stopped almost completely.
No itchy scalp anymore.
Feeling more relaxed as I know I'm doing anything I can to preserve my hair, and stopped worrying about it entirely.

Cons:
Had watery semen in the first couple of weeks, but no its back too pretty much normal consistency.
Experienced ED twice with 2 separate girls. No morning wood and erections are weaker, I can get it hard when I masturbate but the erection disappears very quickly if I stop.
Loss of sex drive.

It is really freaking me out. I'm not sure whether to quit, try to half my dose, or I don't know what.
Will greatly appreciate your advice on the matter. Anything from natural similar treatments or anything really.
Thanks!

Last edited:

medSTATIC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going half dose (0.5mg if you use the common 1mg dosage) won't change anything unfortunately for your sides (see the studies about finasteride flat dose response). I took propecia 0.5mg for 5 weeks and quit cold turkey at the start of the 6th week. Watery semen is common, I did not experience ED but along the 5 weeks I lost my morning woods as well.
If your sides are mainly ED/loss of libido, I would say it's your take to balance hair maintenance and loss of libido. If you have a gf, sexual sides can quickly become a big issue though.
As for alternative, keto shampoo and minoxidil would be a start.

medSTATIC

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you choose to go on, I would recommend getting your hormones tested. First it helps to feel reassured when tests show that everything is fine and also it could be useful as a baseline in the next couple of months if you do another test. Keeping track of hormonal balance can help a lot.

FellaUncut

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you choose to go on, I would recommend getting your hormones tested. First it helps to feel reassured when tests show that everything is fine and also it could be useful as a baseline in the next couple of months if you do another test. Keeping track of hormonal balance can help a lot.

Are you aware by any chance of studies that show users who experiences sides in the beginning of usage, that went away with continued use?

Appreciate your help.