6 pics, 6 months, showing vertex/crown

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So here is the chronology...

5.26.07 (just got it cut, tried to not cover up the crown as much)
klink_43_m.jpg

4.25.07:
klink_36_m.jpg

3.25.07:
klink_33_m.jpg

2.25.07:
klink_24_m.jpg

1.25.07: (look at how long my hair is, talk about trying to cover it up)
klink_13_m.jpg

12.25.06:
klink_8_m.jpg
[/quote]

G

it doesnt look bad for a 40 years old.

you shouldnt worry. but on the other hand , you still have much space for improvement. so if you have the money and want to do it, add some more treatments.

best of success!

G

hey i looked again...nice improvement... i looked so quickly that i didnt realize you showed your developement. really nice! go on with your regimen and you have full hair in some month!

really nice and best of success!

G

Yeah, fine improvement, but as Neo said: "You still have a long a way to go". Good Luck for the future!

G

Nice improvement! Did you shed noticiable amount at any point during the treatment so far?

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
So you've been taking propecia for a while.. I'm guessing that did nothing for regrowth and the Rogain foam did? Is that correct?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had an overall shed about 2 months in. I was seeing some progress and then blammo my hair looked like it lost volume all over. This went on for a few weeks... I can see how folks quit during a shed. But it came back in even better.

Regarding Propecia, yeah I have been on it for five years, and I saw a little regrowth about 5 months into using it, but to be honest I just stayed on it because of the directions not because of strong results.

All in all, having just turned 40, I'm glad to have as much as I have currently. I think I might be able to thicken it all up over the next 6 months, but we'll see... I'll keep taking the monthly pictures. FYI if I have my top hair as long as I had it in the early combover pics, I would be able to cover all of my top right now.. I am cutting a lot shorter than in the past. But we'll see if my crown regrowth has peaked or if it can get better. I'm all ears if anyone has any other product ideas.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
The results are significant - shows the "Big 3" can work. You must be pretty chuffed with your results.

Can I just ask if you maintained on the Propecia over those 5 years, before getting the minoxidil regrowth?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I maintained on Propecia for most of those years, but I did think my hairline was looking thinner by year 4-5, hence me thinking about buzzing it or even thinking about a hair transplant. Then I found this site and started foam and nizoral, and msm. I should post some old family pics, you would really see how bad it was last year. I had the top hair combed forward, and it was like 4 inches long. :)

As much as I would like to migrate over to Proscar, I'm going to hold off until 1/2008 so I can really see what the big3 and vitamins did.

Interesting comments I get...
"Geez John, did you get a hair transplant?"
"How come your hair is lighter" - Very interesting, hair does look lighter... Maybe due to the foam?

Thanks for your comments guys, they really inspire me to keep taking pics.

G

Yeah, thanks for answering the question about shed. I'm definitely in the same situ, finasteride doesn't do all that much for me but I'm staying on just because it's so darn cheap! Hopefully the foam will give my follicles a good kick like it did to yours.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry I meant switch over to Dutas.

Growhairgrow, I have heard of some guys regrowing hair just on finasteride, but frankly I think most guys just maintain...

I'm a big fan of the foam.