6 months update (with pics), pls comment

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been on finasteride (.5mg/day) for 6 months now... also using Minoxidil 5% (1ml /day). I am planning to go back to 2ml/day for Minoxidil because it is some really good stuff... anyway, here is the pics, do you guys see any improvements/ maintenance?
Feb 06
fore_feb06.jpg

Aug 06
fore_aug06.jpg

Feb 06
top_feb06.jpg

Aug 06
top_aug06.jpg

Feb 06
right_feb06.jpg

Aug 06
right_aug06.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
Definite improvement. The hair in the middle looks about the same, but the thin area is now 75% as wide. Pretty good for 6 months. Yeah, did you know minoxidil regrows about 50% more hair than propecia does? Bryan posted a graph from a study on that. I don't know which concentration it was. But 2% regrows 2/3 as much as 5% does. So if someone is really poor and has a wide area to cover, they can dilute the 5% with alcohol and pay half the price and get 2/3 the results on the wider area.

But propecia is needed to keep the results.

Congrats man. Maybe add some SODs. Folligen is the cheapest, but you might want to start with Prox-N if you can afford it for another 6 months.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You have a strange male pattern baldness pattern but yeah, definite results there man, nice one. :D

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Another six months and you could be posting in the success stories forum.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeh looks good. and with darker hair it looks better. thats interesting infor college about the minoxidil, whats ur real name anyway?

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
The hair in the middle looks about the same, but the thin area is now 75% as wide. Pretty good for 6 months.
sorry i am not too clear what it means there.

I also seeing some result from propecia... hopefully i will really get to post one in the success stories section in another 6 months. (I am also thinking a hair transplant this winter).

the sad thing is I started in Feb 06... and I got my initial prescription in 2003...

CCS

Reaction score
first post pics. you might want to see what finasteride does for a year before going to transpants. other treatments can regrow even more hair.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
emery, you are a good responder. IMO 1 year from now you may not need a hair transplant.
Add sods if you want, otherwise don't change what has worked for you.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
Very good responder.... try 1mg finasteride, 5% minoxidil 2x a day and folligen cp's. I think in another 6 months you will have great results. They key is to be consistent! Good luck!

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
since u had long hair, is it hard to apply minoxidil?

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
wow.. my posted moved to success stories...??

i spray minoxidil to my crown, so it is relatively easy to apply... i remember it worked wonder 4 yrs back when i just started seeing hair loss... i was using 2ml/day... now i really need to get back to that regimen

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
sides are minimal. have some test pain time2time but dr says it is just psychological. so i stick with it.

had my blood test done last week and dr says everything is normal.

hurricom

Reaction score
2% vs 5%

Is 2% minoxidil better than 5%? I've heard a few people claiming this, and I was hoping someone could clarify for me.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks better...but you should keep your back and sides shorter so your thinning is less obvious.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's a definate improvement although I don't think it constitutes a 'success story' just yet.. :? Good look with your regimen, this time next year this could be a success story.. ah..