6 Months Update: Minoxidil Works!!!

gerard

Established Member
Reaction score
Havent been posting in here for quite awhile now, actually, first since 2004, I want to give a 6 month update on my situation.

Having mild hair loss since like 5 yrs ago, never been a problem until last year (2003 January), which I experienced huge shed, a bald spot appeared on top of my head, life suddendly take a stun. I was 23 years last year, no school, no job, no hair, no girlz, no hope... want to die!

But thanks god I found this site! I started the following treatment:

Since October -- Monoxidil 2%/5% twice a day
Since October -- Nizoral 2% once every 3 days
Since November -- 2% spironolactone from Dr.Lee

Since February, I have notice the bald spot is not unnoticable at all... without Toppik!! I was thinking, maybe the hair is longer, thats why it covered more. So today I went to hve a haircut... oh my... i really hve grown alot more hair on my crown, even the hair stylist say so!!!

Throughout the treatment, I never had huge shed except for the few nights which either I stay up overnight or been using too much gel to style my hair.

Oh my.. if my scalp continue to improve, or at least keep it at my current hair count, it would be awesome ~! Thanks god... now I hve school (half way done my master), have a job, and have HAIR!!! All I need now is a girlfriend :)

For those of you who are battling with hair loss... i recommend the treatment I hve~! If you think proscar, I dont know, I think its too risky~ I may try to post some pics later this month.

A question: I have too much residual for using 5% minoxidil from dr.lee, anyone have ideas how to handle the residual, make it not noticable? -thx

Gerard
Toronto, ON

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
That's great news man. Inspiring definitly.

When did you first notice new hair?

Also, have you been consistant with using the minoxidil? Or do you forget sometimes?

Also, have you noticed an increase in body hair?

Thanks

gerard

Established Member
Reaction score
hi

i hve been using minoxidil consistently, i may forget once applicaiton in a month, but that is okay, i didnt make it up for.

body hair, nope, i only applied it to crown and there is where hair is growing out the most.

i notice increased hair count in around the 5 months mark.

hopewas

Reaction score
minoxidil "probably" slowed down my hairloss but nothing more. in fact..i've gotten thinner and thinner in time on the places i've applied minoxidil. it prompted me to add proscar to my regimen

beetle

Reaction score
sounds good. Congrats. I'm going on a month now, no proscarm but only minoxidil.
I'm using Crinagen+Folligen though.
I'm also trying to avoid the proscar route.

But I just noticed that my hair was thinning in the back during my last haircut so I have to apply minoxidil everywhere too.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that great news, my minoxidil will arrive soon and im hoping to have results like you :lol:

gerard

Established Member
Reaction score
its tough for me to say what it is, i highly believe the regrowth is from minoxidil tho. most important thing is you know spironolactone and minoxidil do differnet things -- one help maintain and one help regrowth... so i dont really care, i will stick with both of them~ :hairy:

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I got similar type of regrowth from dr. lees 2%, while using it as a single treatment agent.

Your treatment is exactly what I'm using, and what I recommend to everyone. Glad its been a success for you as it has been for myself.