6 Months Post Fue, Feeling Worried.

Vin2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I got an FUE (1500 grafts) done six months ago. I’m concerned for various reasons.
1. The new growth is not connecting to my original hairline.
2. My scars are very visible and look deep.
3. I realize it’s quite early and I didn’t have unrealistic expectations, however, the coverage is very disappointing.

I haven’t been able to get a haircut and I wear a hat everyday because of how bad it looks. Im attaching a picture of 4 days after the procedure and now at my 6 month mark. Are these results normal in your opinion? Btw, I started finasteride right after the transplants. Also, the pictures make it look better than how it looks in real life because of the blur effect.

Attachments

• B5A0350D-4F48-4C21-ABDF-50BD6324FA1A.jpeg
    B5A0350D-4F48-4C21-ABDF-50BD6324FA1A.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 7757FF93-C156-4E5E-9932-8777ADF2E927.jpeg
    7757FF93-C156-4E5E-9932-8777ADF2E927.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,172

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it another month or two. If it does not change much then it will be worrisome. In the meantime, all you can do is wait. Hopefully, it fills in. Hang in there and best wishes

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to wait it out another 2-3 months those are not the final results, finasteride may also have resulted in some initial shedding. Use jojoba oil over the area of the scars.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
From your original picture, your grafts look somewhat spaced apart. Even so, the yield does not appear to be so good.

Were you slick bald into the areas you transplanted? If not, you may have experienced shock loss of your native hair.

Vin2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
From your original picture, your grafts look somewhat spaced apart. Even so, the yield does not appear to be so good.

Were you slick bald into the areas you transplanted? If not, you may have experienced shock loss of your native hair.
I didn’t have any hair in my temples, the areas where the grafts were transplanted. I did experience some shock loss on the sides. The hair on those areas has come back, thankfully.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You were supposed to have stabilized on finasteride 1 year prior to getting a hair transplant, not take finasteride after getting one

Vin2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vin,

any update? How is it now?

To me it looks bad (sorry about the quality). I’m about to hit 9 months in 8 days. I contacted the clinic to address my concerns, but they only wanted to FaceTime. I told them that the camera quality doesn’t show the issues that I’m having and that I wanted to see the dr. In person. They said they would get back to me, but didn’t. I haven’t contacted them again because I don’t want to come across as paranoid. I’ve been trying my best to keep calm and hold my conclusions until the 1 year mark. I don’t know what to do at this point.
1F0797B7-89D7-467C-8064-A579F634E08B.jpeg
93B9B9F3-1525-4556-9FAE-474544AAB4B5.jpeg

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
VIn, sorry to see this. Clinic should be wiling to see you in person. Its your right. Nothing you should be worried about. You paid top dollar so you should get what you paid for. One thing i learned, some docs arent your friends. Its a business transaction for dollars. You keep it the same way. Demand you be seen in person. 9 month kinda deals the growth but, your hair may mature. Still i can see your concerns and a Doctor should be able to based off those pics. Best of luck man.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered adding oral minoxodil to your regimen? Since you're already doing finasteride the oral Min could give you a big boost, even at a lower dose. Let us know what clinic you used.