6 months on nothing but zinc with amazing results.

andywill

Reaction score
This was me before my hair fell out in may 2012
thailand.JPG

This we me just after all my hair fell out over the period of about 2 weeks.

may-12.jpg

I pretty much tried every natural therapy going over the next year, with very little success. After many days and nights of reserach i came across a study from the mayo clinic documenting treating alopecia patients with high doses of zinc with a high success rate.

I started taking zinc piclonate at 100mg for 3 months, then 50mg per day onwards.

I now have most of my hair apart from at the back where it is taking longer. Also my eyebrows seem to be taking longer to appear.

This is me right now... a massive improvement!
01-04-14.jpg

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey if it wasn't male pattern baldness I'd love to know the exact reason why you lost your hair, you lost your side bits aswell.?
Zinc boosts testosterone levels, which also has some relation to DHT.
It boggles the mind.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
dude. You lost ALL your facial hair in 2 weeks and you didn't go see a Doctor for a diagnose ?
whut ?
Is this an april 1st joke ?

andywill

Reaction score
I guess it's not male pattern baldness your case

Hi, no it started as classic alopecia areata for me, but that very quickly turned in to total hairloss

- - - Updated - - -

First thing i did when i noticed hair coming out in clumps was visit the Doctor, who was useless. Did some quick blood tests, nothing unusual found and then printed off some info about alopecia he found on the net.

Basically told me that there were some treatments, but mostly they weren't very good and had side effects. Pretty much told me i'd have to get used to being bald.

- - - Updated - - -

dude. You lost ALL your facial hair in 2 weeks and you didn't go see a Doctor for a diagnose ?
whut ?
Is this an april 1st joke ?

It wasnt just my facial hair...it was literally EVERY hair on my body....i wish it was an april fool!

- - - Updated - - -

There is an interesting study here on treat AA with zinc - http://omicsonline.org/oral-zinc-sulphate-in-treatment-of-alopecia-areata-double-blind-cross-over-study-2155-9554.1000150.pdf

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Andywill, thanx for sharing. I'm glad that you are achieving success with your hair. Forgive me if my assertiveness strikes you as insensitive but were you receiving chemotherapy at all in 2012-13? Wishing you continued good health and good hair.

Theguyy

Reaction score
Please Help

I think excessive zinc intake is also not beneficial!!! And you are taking 100 mg per day for three months....Amazing.....do you feel any side effects of excess zinc intake???? I am confused about the daily zinc intake quantity???:(

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is alopecia totalis. Has nothing to do with male pattern baldness.

shd04e

Reaction score
Hey if it wasn't male pattern baldness I'd love to know the exact reason why you lost your hair, you lost your side bits aswell.?
Zinc boosts testosterone levels, which also has some relation to DHT.
It boggles the mind.

is there any known correlation between zinc boosting Test levels leading to incresed DHT? my mind is also boggled

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried 25mg Zinc Picolinate daily for 3 months, can't say I had any regrowth from it.

AbuAktar

Banned
Reaction score
Ive had good results with a zinc/biotin regiment. Hoping to add maybe Revivogen or topical spironolactone in the future if my hair worsens