6 months on Finpecia, and now need some advice.

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I just hit the 6 month mark on Finpecia, and IMO it has worked really well. It seems to me my hair loss has stopped greatly compared to what it was before. Use to when I washed my hair, and dried I was losing so many hairs I was having to spit them out of my mouth.(seriously) Now the most I have is maybe a couple and thats it. I need some opinions on whether I should now add Rogaine to the mix. I am worried about the shedding that may come with Rogaine. Since I started Finpecia I swear I may have only shed maybe a week at the most. Some say that they shed all the time, but luckily so far I havent. I am a Norwood 4-5, and really dont have much to risk. What do you think, should I add Rogaine?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not that far into the treatment with finasteride (maybe 1 month and have not seen much help as expected) and am a 3.5-4 norwood and am wondering the same. If I lose a single strand it seems like alot and will be really noticeable. I have the forward comb over thing going and I can't afford to lose any ground.

I have been thinking o fjust using rogain on my temples where there are small vellous hairs and see how they respond after a few months.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Ned,

Get on the Rogaine Foam, its the only way you are going to grow back some hair, the finasteride is great for stopping the progression, but does not do a lot for regrowth. The combo of finasteride and minoxidil works great. Shedding is an individual thing, can't say if you will or will not for sure, you just have to try it.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
The general rule is...hair loss stops at 4 months, regrowth at 8. So give it at least 2 more months before considering minoxidil.