6 months on finasteride

mr_misterr

Reaction score
I've been taking Finpecia 1mg from Inhouse Pharmacy for 6 months now and have seen no improvement. My hair has thinned overall and hairline receded.
Do i need to hold out for at least another 6 months or switch to Propecia?

Due to skin reactions, i take minoxidil once a day around the hairline and Nizoral once a week. Taking also MSM, multivitamins and massage my hair once a day.

tman7

Reaction score
I'm also taking Fincar (1.25) from inhouse for a little over 4 months. Havent seen alot of change although I seem a little thinner over all. From what I have read it takes 6-12 months to know IF and HOW MUCH finasteride will work for you. If I were in your shoes (and I am) I would hang in there another 6 months and then evaluate your progress. Even if you dont see much regrowth it still could be worth while to continue taking it as it may help maintain what you currently have.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Then maybe it is time to try Propecia from reputable place.

I don't know how much money you are saving but if it is not working then there is your answer, the savings is now insignificant, and it is now time to screw your budget and save your hair.

I never once thought saving a few bucks was worth risking my hair goals, so I stand in line and watch the licensed pharm. at Costco fill the script and hey, I am satisfied I have done just about all I can do.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm cheap and my hair is not worth it so I cut up fincar from
overseas. :)

You may be one of those non-responders that we read about but I
think it would be worth it to re-order from inhouse or get some
from a USA pharm and go another 6 months before you say it's
not working. I would not continue to take the finasteride you have
for another 6 months and base your decision on that
since I guess it's possible it's fake.

tman7

Reaction score
I was under the impression that inhouse had a very good reputation, has anyone had verifiably BAD product from them?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
i just finished my 7th month of legit pharmacy bought propecia and I see no improvements with further thinning and recession. Im 22 and my hair wasn't too bad to begin with, but I wanted to maintain :(

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair continued to worsen whilst I was taking finasteride. I didn't notice any difference really before month 10-11. Although My hair did seem to become less sensitive. In terms of how much I was losing daily. I noticed a slowing effect in terms of how easily it could be pulled out and things like that before month 10.

Aside from that though, nothing except for side effects until month 10-11 when I started to have major improvements.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
hairrific said:

I don't know how much money you are saving but if it is not working then there is your answer, the savings is now insignificant, and it is now time to screw your budget and save your hair.

I never once thought saving a few bucks was worth risking my hair goals, so I stand in line and watch the licensed pharm. at Costco fill the script and hey, I am satisfied I have done just about all I can do.

I have bought from Inhouse for 7 mnths now and seen great results (my crown has filled in to the point where there is no noticeable hair loss)

Everyone responds differently to finasteride - don't assume that it must be fake or dodgy finasteride just because it isn't working. It has worked for me. Some people are just not great responders ...

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Odie said:
hairrific said:

I have bought from Inhouse for 7 mnths now and seen great results (my crown has filled in to the point where there is no noticeable hair loss)

Everyone responds differently to finasteride - don't assume that it must be fake or dodgy finasteride just because it isn't working. It has worked for me. Some people are just not great responders ...

My post seems like its saying they are not reputable. It does not say that directly and I should clarify that I have no experience with them and have not heard any thing about them. Like I said I have not bought any meds off the web for my hair. I have once or twice bought a topical, metrogel from a Canada pharm. for mild face redness in the past because of the great price savings and I wanted to support free trade, LOL. :) Why should the big drug companies have a high priced monopoly, we should be able to buy where and who we want.

Jm0311

Reaction score
mr_misterr said:
I've been taking Finpecia 1mg from Inhouse Pharmacy for 6 months now and have seen no improvement. My hair has thinned overall and hairline receded.
Do i need to hold out for at least another 6 months or switch to Propecia?

Due to skin reactions, i take minoxidil once a day around the hairline and Nizoral once a week. Taking also MSM, multivitamins and massage my hair once a day.

Use nizoral more. Try another 6-8 months on finasteride. if you see nothing. you might be a non responder.

What kind of minoxidil?