6 Months On Finasteride - Visible Improvement?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride (and nizoral) for 6 months now. My hair loss definately hasn't got worse and I think my hair may even have got a bit thicker but I'm not 100% sure.

What do you guys think? The first picture is just before I started finasteride and the second taken today and I've done my best to take both pictures under the same conditions (same lighting, similar hair length etc). Also know that I've parted my hair wide in both pictures to give an accurate idea of the full extent of my hair loss.

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3,227
  • DSC_0562.jpg
    DSC_0562.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 3,161

tooldude

Reaction score
Looks much improved from pics..should get even better. Congrats

which month did you see new hair starting to sprout?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This may sound crazy but I honestly thought I first started to notice an improvement at just over the month mark but I've been told that is extremely unlikely so it was probably just wishful thinking! :p

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A month I think would be too fast to see an improvement could have just been your hair growing longer. But I've been on finasteride for a month and a half and right on day 30 my shedding literally reduced by at least 60%.

I hope I end up with regrowth like yours when I'm at 6 months!

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A month I think would be too fast to see an improvement could have just been your hair growing longer. But I've been on finasteride for a month and a half and right on day 30 my shedding literally reduced by at least 60%.

I hope I end up with regrowth like yours when I'm at 6 months!

Well that's a positive start! if you're already seeing a big reduction in shedding after only a month and a half it's a sign that you could be a good responder. Do you use anything else like Min or nizoral?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finasteride right now, I have my doubts nizoral does anything at all. I'm waiting to give finasteride 6 months on its own to see what my results are before adding anything else. I'm hoping brotzu lotion comes out in the near future so I can use that instead of min.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good results. It should continue improving.

I believe you can start seeing results after a month. New hairs just starting to come in will hide your scalp, and give the illusion of thicker hair.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very good results. It should continue improving.

I believe you can start seeing results after a month. New hairs just starting to come in will hide your scalp, and give the illusion of thicker hair.

Well I'm glad you agree! :) like I said I was convinced that I could see an improvement after just over a month and I've also seen photographic evidence of others who have said a similar thing so I'm not alone. Of course all the know it alls here told me it was impossible but the truth is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just finasteride right now, I have my doubts nizoral does anything at all. I'm waiting to give finasteride 6 months on its own to see what my results are before adding anything else. I'm hoping brotzu lotion comes out in the near future so I can use that instead of min.

I don't think nizoral is essential tbh and it won't do much without finasteride but I believe tests have proved that people who do use finasteride and nizoral see better results then people who use finasteride its own. At the very least nizoral will get rid of any dandruff and scalp itching.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm maybe I'll give it a try, some thickening and regrowth would be nice. But I wanna stay away from min, low success rate + shedding is a no go for me

itsalmostgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
tumi do you believe these gains can be maintained after a period of time by coming off dutasteride and going on something weaker say finasteride?

thanks man