6 months on finasteride and still losing hair

SilverShark

Reaction score
I use finasteride for past six months, I have read that hair loss may be reduced after three months I did not notice that the hair loss has decreased. I'm afraid of finasteride to destroy this hair that I still have.
It seems to me that the hair lost on the density. What should I do? Should I continue to use it? I'm afraid to quit finasteride and I'm afraid to go on. What should I do?
Is it normal for hair to fall out six months after the start of use?

KosaMayNov2.jpg

may 2012 Novemeber 2012

Attachments

• KosaCela.jpg
    KosaCela.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 15,738
Last edited:

ProscarRules

Reaction score
Well, your Nov pic seems to look better than your May pic. However, even with May pic, I'm not sure if I would have started on finasteride as it doesn't definitely look like you are balding on your crown. Were you diagnosed with male pattern baldness by any doctor back in May?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm unable to detect hair loss in either photo.

given those two photos, i would not be taking any hair loss treatment.

Can anyone see any signs of hair loss?

SilverShark

Reaction score
I have a diagnose "Androgenetic Alopecia" (male pattern baldness). My dermatologist said that I am in early stage. I think that you can't see that my hair is very thin and when is wet it looks bad...

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it looks the same! if finasteride were "destroying" your hair i dont think side by side the two pictures would look identical. maybe it will improve or maybe it simply will halt your progression. how could something that prevents the initial trigger of hair miniaturization possibly destroy hair?

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude..your hair is perfect.Are you sure you have male pattern baldness at all? Well...the picture "after" seems better ... but,it's important the angle of the photo,the light and etc,and in what position was the hair when you took that picture..and i still think the second photo is better.chill out

H

hairplz

finasteride is BS. Not effective enough. I'm on it for 10 months or so and no regrowth, slowly losing hair in the front and temples. You need spironolactone and hormones to really get your hair back.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
i think this example raises some issues.
i cannot see any hair loss in either pictures! obviously we cant see the frontal areas and so cant make a full judgement.
but surely this case doesn't require any treatment yet?!? does the risk/benefit of treating the person here justify the use of finestaride? both minoxidil and finasteride have to be used for life once started but finestaride carries much more possible and lasting systemic side effects.
shouldn't the user try relatively less invasive treatments first- shampoo and topical treatment before finasteride is prescribed.

just my opinion.

H

hairplz

The crown has remained exactly the same. Slight diffuse thinning.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your crown may be borderline thinning, but it's barely noticeable if it is. I certainly can't tell much of a difference between the pictures, and if anything, your hair has gotten thicker.

If you were diagnosed with male pattern baldness by a competent dermatologist, then you have caught it so early chances are finasteride will be able to save your hair for the next 10+ years. Your hair is almost perfect.

SilverShark

Reaction score
I don't know, but I think that hair on pics looks better than in reality.
I;m worried becouse my hair still falling out 6 months after start, there is no regrowth... Reflex hyperandrogenicity is scares **** out of me :(

Attachments

• DSC03418.jpg
    DSC03418.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,607
  • DSC03436.jpg
    DSC03436.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,402
  • DSC03455.jpg
    DSC03455.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3,343

Stefan_88

Reaction score
im on Finasteride since 14 months and however im still shedding hairs. im always going through shedding phases. Heavy shedding phase, hairs come back after 2-3 months, then another shedding phase e.t.c.

You need to give Finasteride 18 months to see full benefits.

SilverShark

Reaction score
Stefane, when did you see the first results? On propecia site they say that hair lost will stabilise after three months.

Stefan_88

Reaction score
i see some benefits after 2-3 months after i added it to my regimen. i was also on Minoxidil, this is why its hard to tell.

Shedding is a good thing, it shows many hairs enters anagen phases from telegon phases.

Just stick it to your regimen, your hair will be much better. i reckon that you'll have very good results in short term, considering your hairs and its quality.