6 Months Nizoral/finasteride 5 Month Update(w/Pics)+Couple Questions

adam61

Reaction score
I've been on Minoxidil 5% (Kirkland's) Liquid 2x Daily for 5 Months. I've been on Nizoral 1% 2x weekly and quartered Finasteride(5mg) tablets daily for 6 months. I think I'm getting some very good results. I had a couple basic questions.

-Is there any science to applying the minoxidil? I feel like certain areas look better than others and I always feel like I'm just winging it. I'm not seeing a lot of success around the temples in my eyes either and it's hard to get it to stick there.

-My hair seems a lot darker...I've read Minoxidil causes hair to lighten not significantly darken any ideas here?

-Lastly I'm getting some medium thickness medium blonde hairs just to the outside of both my eyes. Kind of like a light extension to both my eyebrows down to the top of my cheek. It's easy to just shave off, but is this common and easy to stop? I wear glasses and am wondering if a drip of Minoxidil works down under them or something and causing hair I've never seen before to grow there?

Thanks for your help with those questions and without further ado here's the pics

Attachments

• temple020710.jpg
    temple020710.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 613
  • Temple91209.jpg
    Temple91209.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 577
  • Hair2810.jpg
    Hair2810.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 589
  • Hair91209.jpg
    Hair91209.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 636

beaner

Reaction score
Great job! It's early in the game so there's probably more good things to come.

adam61 said:
-Is there any science to applying the minoxidil?

Not really. Just try to hit all general areas of thinning. It diffuses beneath the scalp somewhat so you don't need to hit every area and I'm sure some of it's benefit comes from systemic absorption. Maybe try the foam version for your temples. It absorbs instantly and dries quickly to you won't have to worry about it dripping.

adam61 said:
-My hair seems a lot darker...I've read Minoxidil causes hair to lighten not significantly darken any ideas here?

Is it darker than it's original color? Mine lightened quite a bit as my balding progressed and hair thinned. Treatments allowed it to return to it's original color.

adam61 said:
Lastly I'm getting some medium thickness medium blonde hairs just to the outside of both my eyes. Kind of like a light extension to both my eyebrows down to the top of my cheek. It's easy to just shave off, but is this common and easy to stop? I wear glasses and am wondering if a drip of Minoxidil works down under them or something and causing hair I've never seen before to grow there?

I have very unruly eyebrows since starting minoxidil and probably a bit of something like the hair you're referring to. I think this is from systemic absorption of minoxidil rather than a dripping problem, but switch to the foam for your temples and see if that helps.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Looks good man! Really good improvement particularly at the crown! Keep it up :)

STEE77

Reaction score
I've wondered about the application myself. I always feel like I'm applying too much in too few places. The impression that I get is that it kind of spreads around once it hits the scalp, so spray n pray might work. It looks like youve been doing something right!