6 months mark on FINA and lost so much density need help guys please !!

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you use a wet hair pic and then a dry hair pic for comparison? This forum is full of strange people

You can tell that he's lost ground on his hairline (especially on the left side) but I agree: it would be even more striking with wet pictures at month 6

Onizukasan76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all for your answers, really appreciate it ! And sorry for the difference between 1st pic and 2nd ! I will update tomorrow a picture with wet hairs for sure !

So, I think I'm gonna stay with fina until the 1 year mark, and I think that I will try again 0,5mg 3 times a week again, since I dont have any side effects now... Anyway, I'll tell you if things are improving or not !

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all for your answers, really appreciate it ! And sorry for the difference between 1st pic and 2nd ! I will update tomorrow a picture with wet hairs for sure !

So, I think I'm gonna stay with fina until the 1 year mark, and I think that I will try again 0,5mg 3 times a week again, since I dont have any side effects now... Anyway, I'll tell you if things are improving or not !
Yup, keep us updated. I am interested in these stories as, as I said, I underwent a similar experience and regret having stopped.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can tell that he's lost ground on his hairline (especially on the left side) but I agree: it would be even more striking with wet pictures at month 6
Yeah I think you’re spot on tbh.. I thought for sure he’d just styled his hair on the 1st one. Just don’t understand how a person could think that’s an acceptable comparison of photos. Wet and dry hair is like night and day when it comes to hairloss lol

jazz1

Reaction score
Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is accord or Actavis Aindeem any good?
I don't know if you have tried Mylan/Viatris? (Dr. Fox might still sell it) Mylan has one of the better pedigree's out of all the generic finasteride brands, having previously been connected to Merck, Pfizer and now Upjohn. I've never used it myself but if you are in the UK and can only get 1mg generic, might be worth a try.

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Even if you keep on losing at least you know finasteride screwed you over if you stick at it for a year. I was on finasteride for a year but only shed for the last 7 months, I still wonder about possible regrowth.
If you don’t get any regrowth don’t piss about with new treatments, chopping and changing makes the Telogen Effluvium worse. I quit finasteride in Jan 2019 and only now had the Telogen Effluvium gone. It’s takes a long long longgg time! My hair looks better than 2 years ago which is a great feeling.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,

It's a tough call. Don't expect people to bring you definite answers here.

I was in your exact same position last summer I believe. My hair density got destroyed by a 6 months topical finasteride course. I had acne and intense scalp itching.

Acne is more frequent than you would think on 5ARi's. It seems many have it before a successful course too, and to me, the more I look at it, the more I think it's just temporary hormonal imbalances in your body caused by the drug intake.

This being said, there's no guarantee your shedding will subside if you keep going. There are chances your hair could be permanently damaged, although not very significant if you look at statistics. Some here, on HairLossTalk.com, have seen dramatic worsening of their overall hair condition in two years under finasteride. They kept going thinking the shedding was temporary and now regret they did so.

When I was in your situation, I quit fina and never recovered my density lost in these 6 months. My shedding rate went back to what it was pre-finasteride after a couple of months, but I can't say I got back my density. It was kind of a relief still.

Looking back, i question myself whether I would have been successful with fina, had I maintained my regimen. If I had to chose again, I would probably keep going with finasteride. I know it is much easier said than done though, as the shedding is detrimental to your self-esteem and the idea of your density worsening even more at such a quick pace is scarry as f***.

By the way, it's hard to tell from your pictures you have lost density but I am perfectly aware of the kind of diffuse shedding you are having right now... It's hard
Any treatments after you quit?

zakariasabbahi

My Regimen
Reaction score
i hope you are doing well , maybe some here will not agree about what im gonna say , cus i dont recommend people to use fina or minoxi , cus the moment you stop use it the moment your hair back fall again , that medcin its trick your body and ofcourse you have bad side effcts
you arefrench so i will give you golden advice , stop overthinking about your hair and keep feed it y using natural thing, i will give you something that will help you alot , cus its help me a, eat well , and try to use argan oil , try to get the puer one that you can add on food too , and everynight before you sleep do a massage to your hair , and you will see big big differnt with the time
Hello guys ! First of all, I'm a french guy, so please don't be too hard with my English :) So actually I'm totally hopeless, and I really don't know if I have to quit immediately fina or if I should stay with it...

I've taken my first fina's pill (0,25, not 1mg) 6 months ago. I have started the 1st August. My regimen was, following my GP advices, 0,25mg 3 times a week during one month, then 0,5mg three times a week and then, if no sides, eventually switch to 1mg 3 times a week.But after 1 month, and almost immediately, when I switched from 0,25mg to 0,5mg, I've got pretty bad face acne. After 1 month I decided to come back at the 0,25mg dosage. But acne was still here, it was just one or two pimples every one or 2 weeks, but those were often pretty big... 1 month ago, I solve my problem with acne, I'm on Zinc 15mg per day and it disappear.

The main problem now is my density, that is disappearing day after day, it's really freaking me !! When I started fina, my hairs were really not bad, just a little recession on my temples and on my hairline, at the corners. Now, after 6 months under fina I lost density all over my scalp, and especially on the front area, behind my hairline. On this area, I can see my scalp when I'm under the bathroom spot !!! Even when my hairs are dry, and when I apply my thickening paste, I can now see the scalp on the middle of my hairline, for the first time of my life.... I always had thick hairs, I just had a small density loss 6 months ago before I start fine, but now, it's really really worst !!

So my question guy, is it normal to lost so much density, is it the normal shedding phase before my hairs come back thicker, and so I have to stay with the treatment ? Or should I go off fina asap ? The fact that even at 0,5mg 3 times a week I had important side effects (acne and chest pain, I forgot this one sorry) is maybe a sign of reflex hyperandogenicity ? And I see that continued thinning after 6 months should be telogen effluvium too... I read so much things, I'm desperate and lost guys...

Before the treatment :
View attachment 156028

Now (after 6 months) :
View attachment 156029

View attachment 156030

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i hope you are doing well , maybe some here will not agree about what im gonna say , cus i dont recommend people to use fina or minoxi , cus the moment you stop use it the moment your hair back fall again , that medcin its trick your body and ofcourse you have bad side effcts
you arefrench so i will give you golden advice , stop overthinking about your hair and keep feed it y using natural thing, i will give you something that will help you alot , cus its help me a, eat well , and try to use argan oil , try to get the puer one that you can add on food too , and everynight before you sleep do a massage to your hair , and you will see big big differnt with the time
This is not bad advice really, especially when the hair loss is minimal like OP. Taking care of your scalp with massage and essential oils can really prolong hair loss. No sides either.
I’ve been massaging with jojoba oil and Rosemary and peppermint oil for some months and it helps. I would have liked to have been recommended those before finasteride.

Last edited:

zakariasabbahi

My Regimen
Reaction score
look just go and read about argan oil , its better tha all that and if you could have the puer oneits even better , i use it and i know what im sayingno clinic will say that to you , cus all of them want just suck your money,
belive it will help you alot .

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
look just go and read about argan oil , its better tha all that and if you could have the puer oneits even better , i use it and i know what im sayingno clinic will say that to you , cus all of them want just suck your money,
belive it will help you alot .
Yep, argan oil is good.