6 months in...worried about summer and the heat

greengiant

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all - been reading through alot of threads and learning alot - I am annoyed I did not find this forum sooner. Im still a bit unclear on some of the "terms" but I have a bunch of questions now!
So Ive got a lace system - its a (?) q system I think its called - so it only glues / tapes around the edges and my stylist / hair system person does a cross in the middle to help with the adhesion.
I think they attach walker tape to the system and then use ghostbond xl on my scalp. They have used scalp protector before but it was not used last time.

I am on my second system in 6 months - my first one last just about 4months but it was thinning and had lightened so much by that point (which was surprising considering its winter here). I do alot of swimming - both sale water and in the pool. I have found the system quite stressful the whole time. Always worried it has moved / slipped / lifted or that its visible.

I am also very worried about the hotter months coming - I sweat a fair a bit and I know this breaks down the glue. I currently have the system "re-done" every 3 weeks and I really do not have the confidence to remove and reglue it myself (not least because I do not know how you see the back of your head) so its an expensive business to have it re-done any more often. To add insult to injury, if you like, I also wear a helmet for work.

- How do people cope in the hot weather? Any tips for coping with the hot weather and the breakdown? Ive ordered some aveda sun veil stuff
- With regards to swimming - any tips for protecting the system ( I always wear a hat and I have started applying some leave in conditioner)
- I have seen people talking about bonds and all sorts and I am unsure what these all mean so forgive me if I dont understand
- From reading some people seem to be really confident and happy with their system - I am hoping with more time and experience the stress I feel will settle too but I am seriously considering the transplant route but just concerned the results will never be as good as the system

Thasnk

DarkStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm surprised you got 4 months out of a hair system you went regularly swimming with it on.
The fastest way to wear out a hair system that is.
You could wear a swimming cap which might increase the life of it slightly.
If I was regularly swimming, I'd just give up on it. Unless I was rich,which I'm not.

Use all tape unless you have an exposed hairline which you will use glue for the front only then.
Ghost Bond Platinum is longer lasting and is stronger than XL.
A scalp protector especially Walker max hold sport will give better hold time and less scalp irritation too.
However still wait 24 hours after applying glue and tapes. Before showering,swimming,heavy sweating.
So the bond doesn't prematurely loosen.

3 weeks is a long time to have it bonded. It should be 2 weeks max.
3 weeks will be a b**ch to clean especially with glue on lace.
And doing it at home with mostly or all tape is pretty easy.

As for a hair transplant, I don't know what Norwood you are?
I'm Norwood 7 with thinned out temples,and thin donor hair,so it wouldn't work at all well for me.

If you're max Norwood 5 or less, it could work.
However the hairloss can worsen over time, so you'd need to be on hair loss meds with side effects to prevent it getting worse and to thicken what's there. Some side effects are potentially awful. Such as libido problems and testicle pain.