6 Months Generic 6 Months Brand Propecia, Thinning Fast And About Ready To Give Up

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m a 40 year old male. I have dabbled with brand Propecia in the past. Back in 2016 for about 6 months and another six months in 2017. Never had bald spots or anything, but receding at the temples was always a issue. So I started propecia with Rogaine foam to try and stay ahead of the game. It was working well. It got pricey so that was the reason I had stopped. Father of three, Paying the bills came first.

Income started to settle down, and in July of 2018 I started up again, this time with a very inexpensive generic Finasteride and rogaine foam, once again. Sometimes I would by the drugstore brand Rogaine because it was cheaper. I was starting to feel the density of my hair was just feeling very light and down. Thought maybe it was just my imagination, but I was starting to notice a lot of hair miniaturization. Spoke to my doctor and asked for brand Propecia. Felt maybe the generic wasn’t working. I had seen regrowth in the past with brand propecia.

It’s now been 6 months on brand propecia and Rogaine foam and my hair is thinner than ever. 6 months generic, 6 months propecia brand, and thinner than ever. Is it time to come to grips that the starts and stops have destroyed its efficacy or I just simply am not responding? Or do I stick it out, give it another 6 months? I use dermatch scalp concealer along my hair line, it has been great for me. Now it’s starting to look very noticeable, that’s how I know my hair has thinned so considerably. It’s really depressing me.

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score
what about dutasteride?
I’m so tentative right now. Afraid to do anything. I’ve read a lot about massive sheds when switching to dutasteride. I just don’t have the nerve, as I can’t afford a big shed