6 Months: 3800 Grafts, Dr Acar, Cosmedica, Istanbul.

todaystheday

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I was a diffuse thinner, aged 40 and booked in with Dr Acar at Cosmedica in November last year. I had 3800 grafts in January where the technicians did the extractions and insertions but Dr Acar opened the channels. Total cost was £3,250 via GMH in the UK.

Pre photo....

IMG_20191028_225755.jpg

UFzVRY3

And 6.5 months post...

Screenshot_20200814_192038.jpg

nGNkhBM

All I can say is, it's life changing. 6.5 months in and I don't look in the mirror constantly to check if you can see my scalp. I can also walk in the wind again. So if you're on the fence, go for it. (I'm on 0.5mg finasteride per day, no min, no nizoral)

Last edited:

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I was a diffuse thinner, aged 40 and booked in with Dr Acar at Cosmedica in November last year. I had 3800 grafts in January where the technicians did the extractions and insertions but Dr Acar opened the channels. Total cost was £3,250 via GMH in the UK.

Pre photo....

View attachment 144967
UFzVRY3

And 6.5 months post...

View attachment 144968
nGNkhBM

All I can say is, it's life changing. 6.5 months in and I don't look in the mirror constantly to check if you can see my scalp. I can also walk in the wind again. So if you're on the fence, go for it. (I'm on 0.5mg finasteride per day, no min, no nizoral)
Great result man, congrats.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate what can I say, blinding results.
Congrats!

As you say must be a real life changer

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long before it looked good enough to go outside without a hat? I've been strongly considering pulling the trigger on a hair transplant if my current regrowth attempt doesn't since I'm taking the next 6 months off from work. It would take me at least 2 to 4 months to get a passport though.

todaystheday

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long before it looked good enough to go outside without a hat? I've been strongly considering pulling the trigger on a hair transplant if my current regrowth attempt doesn't since I'm taking the next 6 months off from work. It would take me at least 2 to 4 months to get a passport though.

It took me 5 minutes to not wear a hat. I just took a week off work, washed the scabs off and got on with life. The hair sheds, you look awful, then 6 months later you look good! It goes in the blink of an eye, don't put it off, just do it.

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t that hair transplant is the most important event in your life, you were headed straight to bald sexless invisible hell territory

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent results mate. I had a surgery with cosmedica too about a year ago, but wasn’t fortunate enough to get the result you got. They completely destroyed my donor area. How’s your donor looking? I feel like it really is dependent on which technicians you’re assigned on the day. Looks like you got experienced technicians

todaystheday

My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing results ! can i ask when was the first time in yout life you noticed hair thinning ?
I probably noticed when i was 28 the first time but didn't believe it really. Then it gradually got worse and I'd say the last 5 years were bad. I hated looking in the mirror

Torontostar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Mate!
I'm planning to do from cosmedica as well. I got quotes from couple of other hospitals such as SMILE Hair clinic. Would you recommend Cosmedica over other clinics in turkey from your experience ?

todaystheday

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Mate!
I'm planning to do from cosmedica as well. I got quotes from couple of other hospitals such as SMILE Hair clinic. Would you recommend Cosmedica over other clinics in turkey from your experience ?
It's tough to say, I can only comment on the clinic I used. Choose based on a doctor doing the work and 1 patient per day. Otherwise its pot luck