-6 Month Update-

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
6 months on 1 mg finasteride and nizoral 2% , plus msm that i started recently and a zinc tab.

Diffuse thinning. I used to shed on and off before i took finasteride. there'd be months and months when all i'd see in the shower was a hair or two. Since the last 6 months i've been seeing at least 70-80 evertime i wash.

Side effects: Libido about 50% as much as before. and Takes longer to get soldier to salute.

have had the side since the 2nd day on finasteride uptil now. so much for that initial side effects theory.

I'm diffuse thinning so i'd need to lose ALOT of hair before it gets more visable. Since starting finasteride the nape of my neck has thinned out like anything and my sides (portion above and around ears) has thinned out rapidly too. The portion which i feel is still thinning the most despite the 6 months of finasteride is the anterior of the scalp and right behind the hairline, cause my hairline is going see through in a few places.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stick with it, while many people see results within 6 months many others don't see results until 12 months.

One thing is sure, finasteride ISN'T making your hair worse despite the fact it may seem thinner now due to the shed.