6 month update

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
Been six months almost, so far the only thing to report is that the diffuse thinning has continued and I'm steadily progressing from Norwood 2 to Norwood 3 scale, with the possibility that the increase has sped up lately. It's rather depressing.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
you might just be a slow responder. stick with this treatment for a year before guaging your results. try upping your dosage of minoxidil to 5% twice a day. if after a year your hair doesnt improve (even maintainance here is an improvement) then you might consider switching to dutasteride and adding other topicals.

why dont you try some topicals to help with shedding? 2 cheap ones would be Zix and Soy ? both easy to make/attain?

best of luck to you.

Goingat20

Reaction score
just hang in there, things will only get better with time .....

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm...try generic?...look around if you can find any on the web.

the generic version here in my country by 'HairMax' is for around 9 $ for a months supply ?...

if you have no luck let me know and i might ship you some.

G

Goingat20 said:
just hang in there, things will only get better with time .....

That is not always true my friend but hopefully it will get better.

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, so far it got worse. One week after this thread I quit topical application of minoxidil and started taking it orally. Story here.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Eeep! Don't take it orally -- there's way too many risks involved.

I was a slow responder to minoxidil. It wasn't until a week or so ago that I started showing regrowth.

If you want cheap minoxidil go to hairlosswatch.com -- i think they have like a 4 month supply for $29 or something. That's where I get my stuff from.

I'm on 5% once a day and Xandrox15 once a day, so the 4 month supply actually lasts me 8 months. Not bad.

Britannia

Reaction score
Are you still taking Propecia every other day?