6 month update (give or take)

Stingray

Reaction score
Aight losers, it's my 6th month and time for some feedback to you crybaby fivehead bearing skinheads.

My pimpin' regimen consists of Finasteride (1mg daily...propecia), Minoxidil (2mL daily...generic) and Nizoral (twice to 3 times a week). Well, I've been maintaining pretty good...still looks the same as it did 6 months ago. In fact, it looks 100% better. Still thin in the back and the temple area, but lots of improvement in hair quality.

Here's the bad part though. I've gone into a massive shed hehe. Like can run my hand through my hair and pull out 15-20 hairs a time just on my hairline. But it's cool cuz I've noticed something. Each hair is either the same thickness consistently from one end to the other, or thicker with huge clumps at the ends. Some are about 50% thicker. I'm for seriousnessly can't waiting till the hairs start growing back in to see how far along I am.

Let this be a warning to you guys. It WILL get worse before it gets better. And you will shed. Sometimes mildly, sometimes heavily. Don't let it discourage you because it will grow back 9 times out of 10. It's not the hair falling out that is the problem...it's the hair thinning out and NOT growing back that is hair loss.

Also, don't count your hairs. It just makes the process that much more excruciating and timely. Just let the stuff work and find something else to fixate on.

Hairloss is 1/10th physical, and 11/10ths mental. Just shut off your mind and let whatever happen happen. You will be amazed at the results you will see by just accepting fate. Hope for the best...prepare for the worst...

My motto.

Good luck yo's

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice words.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
Let this be a warning to you guys. It WILL get worse before it gets better. And you will shed. Sometimes mildly, sometimes heavily. Don't let it discourage you because it will grow back 9 times out of 10. It's not the hair falling out that is the problem...it's the hair thinning out and NOT growing back that is hair loss.
Terrific input - HairLossTalk.com, put this quote on the front page!

Stingray said:
Hairloss is 1/10th physical, and 11/10ths mental.
Your not by chance related to Yogi Berra? "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

http://rinkworks.com/said/yogiberra.shtml

jerry grant

Stingray

Reaction score
15 or 20... anyone's guess. If I was counting them I would have said 17.34 on average in the morning, and 14.98373737398159817350987 on average at night.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
hahahaha

hair scare nailed that one on the head-

stingray says not to count your hairs falling out, then he says he is pulling out 15-20 hairs from his hairline

hahahaha, talk about a hypocrite lol

good one, hair scare

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
hahahaha

hair scare nailed that one on the head-

stingray says not to count your hairs falling out, then he says he is pulling out 15-20 hairs from his hairline

hahahaha, talk about a hypocrite lol

good one, hair scare

... told you guys. Propecia causes severe psychosis. Also, cancer ... and lupus! "Hahahaha" all the way to the asylum.

D.

Stingray

Reaction score
Wow, aren't we smart guys :)

Saying 15-20 hairs is giving you fuckers an estimate of my condition. Do you want to know my story? Or do you want to pick nits?

It's reasons like this that I don't post much here anymore. You losers go post in your "why is teh hare falling out" threads. I'm done giving you guys details and advice.

It's been real you guys...real stupid.

Axon

Reaction score
I got love for ya, Sting.

For every fifty users posting ridiculous crap like formulating a topical by combining beer and olive oil, there's one good one like yourself. Sure, you're irritable, impatient and condescending, but it's endearing. :)

I'm glad things are going well, and make sure to give us a one year peek. I'm two weeks from my one year mark and things have just gotten so good that I don't even care anymore.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
practice what ya preach, stinger!!!

you come in here, talkin through your ***, about how to stay positive and not let this hair thing get to you, and don't obsess over it, and don't count your hairs, etc etc and yet you're doing exactly what you say NOT to do!!!! you say not to obsess, but you're one of the users with the most posts in this place? ha! what do you call hanging around this place and having the most posts? wouldn't you call that a bit obsessive over the hair loss topic? dude you're so exposed...

YOU should get real bro, you preach and preach and preach yet some more about how losing 15-20 hairs is normal for everyone, yet you just said it's an estimate of your condition- how the hell is that your condition when we all lose up to 100 hairs a day?

c'mon bro get your stories straight here!!

and lighten up once in a while you're as stiff as a board and over-a*** most of the time, geez.. have some fun for a change man

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
practice what ya preach, stinger!!! you come in here, talkin through your ***, about how to stay positive and not let this hair thing get to you, and don't obsess over it, and don't count your hairs, etc etc and yet you're doing exactly what you say NOT to do!!!! you say not to obsess, but you're one of the users with the most posts in this place? ha! what do you call hanging around this place and having the most posts? wouldn't you call that a bit obsessive over the hair loss topic? dude you're so exposed...
Hangin on a website may equate to being obsessive about the topic. Hanging in front of the mirror and whining all the time equates to something very different. Ask anybody who's spent more than 10 minutes here...

Bob Booley said:
and lighten up once in a while you're as stiff as a board and over-a*** most of the time, geez.. have some fun for a change man
One of the reasons I hang around is for people like Sting, whom I believe have a balanced outlook on the subject and is informative and fun. Especially since he's one of the younger guys. The fact that he sometimes pisses off people with 8, ERRRRR 4, posts is very entertaining, don't you think?

jerry grant

G

I can't grab 15 - 20 hairs on my hairline to pull out, I have about that many hairs per square inch on the front of my head. I have lost almost all of my hair since I started treatment 5 months ago. When you guys see my 6 month pictures you are gonna flip.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Word up Sting, I feel you in every way dawg. I used to average almost 10 posts per day, but now I rarely even poke in... I'm glad things are going well, and I'm having similar results to you without even using Propecia. Hang on and remember that we in this sh*t together!

X

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
you got that right drinkrum!! it's so contagious, you're singing hahahaha too!!!

I wasn't laughing. Just noticing you laughing like a little girl :lol:

D.

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, guys, wheres the love? Now come on everyone and stay cool and relaxed like me. I've NEVER had a PROBLEM TALKING to ANY of the GREAT dudes here. Its time to love one another, right now.

Peace and love, brothers and sisters.