6 Month Success (min ,finasteride ,nizoral) With Pictures.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a comparison of the last 6 months from the day I started to today.

Background

Started noticing hair loss at 19 very minor, only got noticeable at around 23-24, depression set in at my current age of 26 after a break up and super low self esteem so I decided to take some action. I could not style hair properly or the way I recognised myself which led to a major identity crisis sure some of you can relate. My eyebrows which I had not noticed had in fact thinned dramatically and became transparent.

Results

Unexpected result possibly because of the minoxidil is my eyebrows which were practically non existent now exist. Which is amazing cosmetically for me super happy about that alone.

I noticed within 2 months hair getting better quality, additionally I noticed my hairline gradually pushing forward and giving me a smaller forehead within 4 months of use, I got my haircut for the first time in 3 years 2 weeks ago.

Regime

I have toyed around to be completely honest, minoxidil sometimes twice a day other times once a day, I have also skipped weekends due to inconvenience.

Finasteride I started with 1.25mg a day for the first 3 months, then dropped to 1.25mg EOD for the last 3 months. Just because I could really not related to sides or anything like that.

I only wash my hair once every two week.

Will update at Christmas.

Last edited:

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a comparison of the last 6 months from the day I started to today.

Background

Started noticing hair loss at 19 very minor, only got noticeable at around 23-24, depression set in at my current age of 26 after a break up and super low self esteem so I decided to take some action. I could not style hair properly or the way I recognised myself which led to a major identity crisis sure some of you can relate. My eyebrows which I had not noticed had in fact thinned dramatically and became transparent.

Results

Unexpected result possibly because of the minoxidil is my eyebrows which were practically non existent now exist. Which is amazing cosmetically for me super happy about that alone.

I noticed within 2 months hair getting better quality, additionally I noticed my hairline gradually pushing forward and giving me a smaller forehead within 4 months of use, I got my haircut for the first time in 3 years 2 weeks ago.

Regime

I have toyed around to be completely honest, minoxidil sometimes twice a day other times once a day, I have also skipped weekends due to inconvenience.

Finasteride I started with 1.25mg a day for the first 3 months, then dropped to 1.25mg EOD for the last 3 months. Just because I could really not related to sides or anything like that.

I only wash my hair once every two week.

Will update at Christmas.
If you try derma-rolling it might help to move the hairline forward even more. You've got good results for 6 months. I would say if you can be more consistent with the treatments you might even see better results. I know it's a pain but once you get used to it it's not so bad. I derma-roll every night and apply minoxidil liberally afterwards. It only takes about 2 minutes. In the morning I style my hair and the a quick spray of minoxidil and it's done: 30 seconds. I used to think I could never go through the hassle of applying every morning and night. The beauty of taking finasteride in pill form is hard to overstate though. The barrier for me would be the price more than the convenience now. If you can get minoxidil at a good price you can apply liberally without worry.