6 month results Propecia , Regaine and Nizoral

hindmarsh89

Reaction score
My hair started receding at 19 year old although this didn't bother me at the time as the hair on top was still thick so people didn't notice much.
6 year later at 25 my hair was mostly gone at the front and thinning badly on top i decided then to do something about it finally starting Propecia , Regaine and Nizoral.
Up until 2 month ago progress was slow and didn't really see much difference but now at 6 month loads of hairs that were little more than fuzz are now growing up to an inch however still thinner than normal hair.
Here are some before and after pictures things are definitely starting to go in the right direction and am looking forward to seeing what results can be had at 12 months plus :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,051
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2,292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,118
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,644
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,771
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,699

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats Great , Keep using that man , one of the best result which I have ever seen , Good job

hindmarsh89

Reaction score
Just a quick update as its been nearly 4 month since i last posted. Am now at 10 month of treatments and had been taking pictures at the end of each month but have not since December, don't have any pictures worth posting but will take some in the following week after a hair cut as my hair is over 3" long and most of my comparison pictures are of the hair 1-2" on top and sides buzzed no guard.

Treatments are still going well , where my hair had started to thin on top (temples receded and meeting on top of the head to form an island) has filled in pretty much to how it was before it started thinning so over the moon with that as it was the main reason of starting meds.

The temple recession does not seem to not be as severe as it was last year, the hairs have definitely thickened up and smaller hairs seem to have come from nowhere and make the hair look fuller at the front although there is still about an inch recession at either side, but has been like that since i was 18-20 so any improvement is good.

One thing i have noticed is hair around the temples would grow at a much slower pace than hair on on top and the fringe to the point where each haircut an inch would get cut off everywhere else and only a couple of mm at the temples to make it all one length, Now the hair allover the head grows evenly making it look allot better. Probably the reason Ive let it grow over 3" for the first time in years as it doesn't look half bad.

Now to the treatments side, (sorry about the long post just realized what was just going to be a few lines is now far past that lol)
Still taking propecia every night without fail and minoxidil twice a day maybe missed 10 applications in 10 month so not doing bad sticking to the regime.
I have switched from Regaine foam to Kirkland foam as its half the price and was able to buy a years supply in December haven't noticed any bad changes in the switchover but wasn't expecting it to make a difference as they seem identical.

Did think about switching to Proscar and quartering tablets as i payed £360 for a years supply of Propecia but when i went to my doctor and asked about a prescription for Proscar she refused, I get a private prescription online for Propecia so wasn't too bothered but would have liked to stop spending more than i have to.
Thats pretty much all that has happened lately will try and get some pics up as soon as i can and try and get the angles and lighting the same as most of my other ones are never taken the same place or angle lol.

hindmarsh89

Reaction score
Why did your doctor refuse to write you a script for Proscar?

She said that they don't treat hairloss on the NHS (National health service) so couldn't issue a prescription for medication relating to hairloss, the only other way is paying for a private prescription from a non NHS doctor but i would have to find one who will issue proscar instead of propecia and not many seem willing to do so.

hindmarsh89

Reaction score
IMG_1734.jpgNot the best picture tried to take it under bright light, hairs a lot longer than other pictures so hard to get a comparison will take a few more after a haircut at the weekend.

gogetta

Reaction score
View attachment 31219Not the best picture tried to take it under bright light, hairs a lot longer than other pictures so hard to get a comparison will take a few more after a haircut at the weekend.

GOOD JOB....I almost had similar results except that I started shedding...now that I am heading towards square one I plan to continue with my regimen

hindmarsh89

Reaction score
GOOD JOB....I almost had similar results except that I started shedding...now that I am heading towards square one I plan to continue with my regimen
Thanks, I have noticed i shed a lot more hair lately where 6 month ago i shed next to nothing. I feel my hair was thicker in December but i got lazy over the Christmas period and didn't take pictures so cant compare.
It does seem like a lot of the hairs shed are smaller ones that have grown with the finasteride/minoxidil so hopefully its just so they can grow back stronger.
Sure you will recover from the shed and get the results you want especially if you stick to your regime.

jakebrah

Reaction score
That sucks man, I was planning on doing the same thing. Looks like it won't be a easy as I thought. Great job on the progress!